cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 Plus

Anonymous
Not applicable

Had my iPhone 6 Plus for a few days now, having recently had an iPhone 5, and must say I've fallen in love with it. Initially I was a bit ovewhelmed at the size increase, but now I feel comfortable with it and am incredibly happy I chose the 6 Plus instead of the 6. 

Anyone else get the 6 Plus? Opinion?

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Huntress
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 242 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Anonymous 

Like you I'm upgrading from the IP5 and a little anxious about the size increase.  Haven't received mine yet but reading the reviews I'm happy I've gone for the IP6+.  Will post a review once mine has arrived.  

Life is just a game, the rules of which are only explained to us when the game is over.

MacBook Pro
iMac
iPhone X 256gb
iPad 64gb
Message 2 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi laneybiy124

Thank you for your thoughts.

I'm upgrading from the iPhone 5s and have been looking at both iPhone 6 models.

The iPhone 6 is not that much bigger than my 5s but does supply better battery life and a snappier chip.

However the iPhone 6 plus with its size I believe will help with my eyesight so after using the demo models in the Apple Store I'll be buying the 16Gb 6 plus.

Glad your enjoying yours.
Message 3 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Only slight negative is the one hand mode it offers as you have to keep going into it after every click. Use 2 hands more and more which isn't an inconvienience at all.

Message 4 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
It was too big for me, great phone I recommend if you have the hand size right for it but for me it was too much I returned mine for the 6 which is the best size for me slight_smile
Message 5 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Both models are stunning. Build quality is brilliant, and works amazingly well.
Message 6 of 22

L_W_Ward
Level 12: Nimble
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I went into the Apple store and had a good, long play. I can honestly say that I fell in love with one of the iPhone but no the one people would think, the standard iPhone 6. 

Now incase you don't know me I'm the phablet lad. I currently own a Lumia 1520 and it is amazing and how WP8 should be but the iPhone 6+, is a waste of screen size. The icons are just spaced out, there is no real function to the extra size except a few landscape features which you don't really need on an iPhone. 

If i was going to get an iPhone I would go for the standard one. Sadly I can't justify spending so much money on a phone which has less specs than my current phone. Still damn nice to hold though. 

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 7 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Personally the iphone 6 is perfect for me, I tried the 6+ a few times and just didn't feel comfertable using one hand and was more like a mini tablet. Everyone will want there phone for different things, the 6 is plenty big enough coming from the 4s so happy with my choice. Both great phones and very quick to use slight_smile

Message 8 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's my thoughts and opinion on the iPhone 6 Plus.

I couldn’t decide between the 6 or 6 Plus when I was placing my pre order with Apple, so I pre ordered them both with a view of sending one back.

After having a play around with them both with the things I use my iPhone for, I found the 6 Plus was better for me.

I opened the 6 first of all and my first impression was that I was a bit underwhelmed with the size of the screen. Moving from the 5s, it was only a tad more than half inch larger screen, and I was wanting a larger screen that I would notice, but feared the 6 Plus might have been not right for me, hence pre ordering both models.

I then opened the 6 Plus and my first impression was, its big. But after playing around with it for 10 minutes I didn’t find an issue with the size.

Playing games, using Safari, typing, I found the 6 Plus was better for me. Comparing the keyboard/keys size, side by side on the 5s, 6, 6 Plus. I found very little difference in the size of the keys between the 5s and the 6, whereas with the 6 Plus the keys were noticeable larger. And as I type a lot on my iPhone, the larger keys, keyboard are important for me. Also playing a landscape game such as Asphalt was a better experience on the 6 Plus, the game was superb on the larger screen. I'm amazed at how far we've come with technology, been able to have that level of graphic quality, and definition on a device as thin as the iPhone 6 Plus is amazing.

One surprise, I was thinking that the 6 Plus might be awkward/uncomfortable to hold. But I find the opposite, I think the way Apple have designed them, with them been thin and rounded edges, this makes the iPhone easy/comfortable to hold. Also I find the large size of the 6 Plus makes me feel safer holding the iPhone over the smaller iPhones I owned previously, the larger size gives me more to grip/hold on to and I feel a lot less likely to drop it (if that makes sense). I have used my 6 Plus a few times for 10 minute plus phone calls and I didnt feel uncomfortable holding it in that position while on a call.

Obviously the 6 Plus is not going to be a smartphone that can be used one handed, but I never used my previous iPhone’s one handed so I’m not bothered about this. Also, the 6 Plus fits in my jeans pocket quite comfortable, and isn't uncomfortable due to it been thin. If you have the super small pockets on some skinny jeans, then it might stick out of the top, but to be fair, pretty much any high end smartphone would due to their size.

I must admit, I used to think “5 inch + smartphones, whats the point in them” but after using one for a few days I wouldn’t want to move back to a smaller one again, but I hasten to add that I think 5.5 inch is as big as smartphones should get, but that's my opinion.

I’m pleased I did what I did pre ordering the 6 and 6 Plus, it helped me make my choice a lot easier.

Message 9 of 22

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93174 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

Nice first impressions @Anonymous slight_smile

Have to say I'm a fan of the bigger screen due to eyesight issues but other phones with smaller screens just seem inadequate now. They just seem natural after using them over a period of time .

Message 10 of 22