cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 Plus

Anonymous
Not applicable

Had my iPhone 6 Plus for a few days now, having recently had an iPhone 5, and must say I've fallen in love with it. Initially I was a bit ovewhelmed at the size increase, but now I feel comfortable with it and am incredibly happy I chose the 6 Plus instead of the 6. 

Anyone else get the 6 Plus? Opinion?

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I’m pleased I did what I did pre ordering the 6 and 6 Plus, it helped me make my choice a lot easier.

And the fact that you were luck enough to get both on the same day would have helped a lot Smiley Very Happy

A good review @Anonymous good to see pro's and cons of both.

I am with Jonsie. I go for a larger screen due to my eyesight. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

Thank you for your insights. 

I'm having the very same dilemma about choosing between the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.

After matching up my iPhone 5s to the demo models I'm also leaning towards the 6 plus. 

I like the way iOS 8 works on the 6 plus too. For example when you turn the phone into Landscape Mode and the screens split in some Apps etc. 

Have you thought about a case at all ? You usually do 😉

I've looked at the original leather Apple option but I'm not keen that they have left the bottom open, although I can see why because of Docks and 3rd party accessories.

Again once again Thank you as you have helped me to now choose the Plus option.  👍

Message 12 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Nice first impressions @Anonymous slight_smile

Have to say I'm a fan of the bigger screen due to eyesight issues but other phones with smaller screens just seem inadequate now. They just seem natural after using them over a period of time .

Thanks jonsie.

I agree about the large screen seems natural over time.

My initial thought when I first saw the 6 Plus was 'thats big'. But mixed in with that initial thought was 'it isnt too big'.

Message 13 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I’m pleased I did what I did pre ordering the 6 and 6 Plus, it helped me make my choice a lot easier.

And the fact that you were luck enough to get both on the same day would have helped a lot Smiley Very Happy

A good review @Anonymous good to see pro's and cons of both.

I am with Jonsie. I go for a larger screen due to my eyesight. wink

Thanks Cleoriff.

Yeah I was lucky enough to have been able to pre order the two iPhone's immediately when the pre ordering went live. 

Unfortunately the nearest Apple Store to me is over 90 miles away, so I would have been unable to go in store and try them out. But saying that, I wouldnt have been able to try them out with the apps etc that I use in store or perhaps for long enough to help me decide slight_smile

Message 14 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @Anonymous 

Thank you for your insights. 

I'm having the very same dilemma about choosing between the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.

After matching up my iPhone 5s to the demo models I'm also leaning towards the 6 plus. 

I like the way iOS 8 works on the 6 plus too. For example when you turn the phone into Landscape Mode and the screens split in some Apps etc. 

Have you thought about a case at all ? You usually do 😉

I've looked at the original leather Apple option but I'm not keen that they have left the bottom open, although I can see why because of Docks and 3rd party accessories.

Again once again Thank you as you have helped me to now choose the Plus option.  👍

I must admit I like the landscape feature on the 6 Plus. Also the extended keyboard you get too, with the dedicated copy, paste, cut, left and right keys that allow you to go in this direction through your text. Also, when you enable caps lock. The left and right keys choose the text to select (the little drag handles that allow you to select the portion of text you require), must admit I find this better than touching the drag handles, a lot of the time when I did this I either selected too much or the selection became un-selected. Nice feature.

About a case. I'm going with the Sena Ultraslim leather pouch. I had the same for my 5s and even after 12 months, its still like new, no stitching has unravalled, the velvet inner lining is still intact, really pleased with the quality of this, so I pre ordered the same for my 6 Plus. There pre order at present on Sena's site, with mid October shipping. These cover all the iPhone with just the top open, for which to get the iPhone out, dont care for Apple's own cases due to the screen been left un-covered.

For me the 6 felt like an iPhone, but the 6 Plus felt like a new device due to the size (if that makes sense).

Message 15 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I get a chance, I'm going to make some new video, written help guides covering features of iOS 8 and the 6 and 6 Plus

Message 16 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

When I get a chance, I'm going to make some new video, written help guides covering features of iOS 8 and the 6 and 6 Plus

Hi Fatboy. 

I'm undecided on cases yet and I appreciate what your saying about a slip case ~ I don't normally choose that option as I prefer to gain direct access ,and not have another item ~ i.e. slip case to contend with when using the phone. That said I agree they do better protect the screen.

We look forward to your tutorials.  

Message 17 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Brilliant @Anonymous I will look forward to these.I always find most people learn better with the help of video or pictures included in the guide. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 22

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Tutorial videos will be of great benefit to some and can save a thousand words.

Message 19 of 22

Pickles
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 564 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

I ordered the 6 Plus.  After reading your reviews I think I made the best choice slight_smile Thank you slight_smile

Samsung S8
Message 20 of 22