cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 Plus - Camera Problem (Slow shutter?)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys,

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere on the forum (please feel free to direct me to it!).. I think I have an issue with the camera on my 6 Plus, in that I ALWAYS get motion blur in my photos when taking pictures of a moving object (ie. My child waving or moving his head/hand).

The issue only ever seems to present itself on my phone - my girlfriend has an iPhone 6 and does not suffer from the same issue. I would say that I am a fairly competent mobile photographer, so the issue is not me!

I wondered whether anyone else has suffered the same problem and what did you do? It's definitely an issue with the phone as I can't replicate it on other devices (my girlfriends iPhone 6 in particular).

Any advice would be appreciated. It's obviously still under warranty so I'm able to take it back to an Apple Store if there's the possibility that it's a hardware issue - it was one of the first batch of 6 plus handsets.

Thanks in advance slight_smile
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I would take it back to Apple and get them to run a diagnostic on it. It doesn't sound right to me.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I should add that I would expect motion blur if it was a very fast moving object, but my handset struggles even captiring slow moving things without blurring. As the title of my post suggests, it's almost as if the factory shutter speed setting is too slow...
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks MI5. I have my suspicions about it being a hardware issue. I can't even seem to get blur-free photos using a third party app with shutter speed control, and running it as fast as it'll go..
Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Not right at all mate.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 11

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Turn iso down.
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Spoke to Apple. They have run diagnostics on it and have confirmed that it might be a hardware issue. Phone is going back to be replaced under warranty slight_smile
Message 7 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Spoke to Apple. They have run diagnostics on it and have confirmed that it might be a hardware issue. Phone is going back to be replaced under warranty slight_smile

Good service in fairness...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good for you, from reading the post it sounds as if the actual lense or camera is loose
Message 9 of 11

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Definitely faulty phone. Apple service is second to none though it pains me to say it! 

Message 10 of 11