cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 Insurance?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anybody know which iPhone insurance will fully replace a handset?

I used to be with Insurance2Go but chose not to renew as I noticed their excess went up in price also they do not fully replace a handset...

Help 

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Apple care +but needs to be taken out within a timeframe of buying the iPhone. 60 days. https://www.apple.com/uk/support/products/iphone.html

Bank Account Cover. Halifax typically do.

Home Insurance Contents Cover. Check T&C

Message 2 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, my first option was AppleCare+ but I have exceeded the time period which is very damn annoying...
Message 3 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Appleoffered me the cover at the time of purchase.

Message 4 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was still insured by my existing cover at the time of my purchase
Message 5 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

To be honest it probably depends on the nature of the damage to the iPhone. Ie Whichever is most cost effective.

Also check levels of cover for accidental damage inc water and loss.

Message 6 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I was still insured by my existing cover at the time of my purchase

Have you checked your banks T&C's ?

Message 7 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I have looked out for that, basically I just want to find an insurer that will cover everything so loss, accidental damage and theft but that will also replace handset, not to just an equivalent thats just shoddy
Message 8 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

You then need a good insurer and perhaps not one of the online dedicated insurance businesses like protectyour etc. 

Look on compare sites or if you have Home Insurance look at adding extra cover for the phone. 

Message 9 of 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Recently discussed at length here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Which-Is-The-Best-Mobile-Insurance-Insurance/m-p/7...
As I've said many times in the past, my personal feelings are that all insurance is a rip off and any of them will find any excuse to get out of paying or have some hidden clauses that you only find out when you try and claim.
I just make sure I have some money put away each month, just in case and over the years I've saved thousands.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 22