cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5s

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just I set my new 5s up everythingp ok apart from my Bluetooth ???? It says it's on but my phone can't be recognised by anyone , any ideas ???????
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the community!

Have you made sure that you have made both devices "discoverable" (your iPhone should be discoverable as soon as you turn bluetooth on)? 

1. Begin by making sure your iPhone and Bluetooth device are near each other. Bluetooth signals can only extend a few feet, so if the devices are too far apart they can't connect. They don't have to be right next to each other, but they should at least be in the same room, if not closer.
  2. Next, put the Bluetooth device you want to connect to the iPhone in discoverable mode. This allows the iPhone to see the device and connect to it. Making a device discoverable requires different steps on different devices. For some it's as easy as turning them on, others require more work (and some devices are always discoverable). Check the manual for the device you want to connect for instructions.
  3. Tap the Settings app on your iPhone homescreen.
  4. Tap Bluetooth.
  5. Move the Bluetooth slider to On/green. When you do this, a list of all the discoverable Bluetooth devices will appear.
  6. If the device you want to pair with is listed, tap it. If not, consult the device's instructions to ensure it's in discoverable mode.
  7. To connect some Bluetooth devices with the iPhone, you need to enter a passcode. If the device you're trying to pair is one of those, the passcode screen will appear. Consult the device's manual for the passcode and enter it.
  8. And, with that, you're completed the iPhone-Bluetooth connection process and are ready to use the device.

Remember that Bluetooth is a short-range networking tool. If you move the device and iPhone too far apart, the connect will be lost and you'll have to follow these steps again.

You might also find that switching your Bluetooth off and restarting your phone before switching Bluetooth back on might help.

Edit to add: Please also check out these links for some help to troubleshoot where the problem might lie if none of the above helps:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1664

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4562

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the community!

Have you made sure that you have made both devices "discoverable" (your iPhone should be discoverable as soon as you turn bluetooth on)? 

1. Begin by making sure your iPhone and Bluetooth device are near each other. Bluetooth signals can only extend a few feet, so if the devices are too far apart they can't connect. They don't have to be right next to each other, but they should at least be in the same room, if not closer.
  2. Next, put the Bluetooth device you want to connect to the iPhone in discoverable mode. This allows the iPhone to see the device and connect to it. Making a device discoverable requires different steps on different devices. For some it's as easy as turning them on, others require more work (and some devices are always discoverable). Check the manual for the device you want to connect for instructions.
  3. Tap the Settings app on your iPhone homescreen.
  4. Tap Bluetooth.
  5. Move the Bluetooth slider to On/green. When you do this, a list of all the discoverable Bluetooth devices will appear.
  6. If the device you want to pair with is listed, tap it. If not, consult the device's instructions to ensure it's in discoverable mode.
  7. To connect some Bluetooth devices with the iPhone, you need to enter a passcode. If the device you're trying to pair is one of those, the passcode screen will appear. Consult the device's manual for the passcode and enter it.
  8. And, with that, you're completed the iPhone-Bluetooth connection process and are ready to use the device.

Remember that Bluetooth is a short-range networking tool. If you move the device and iPhone too far apart, the connect will be lost and you'll have to follow these steps again.

You might also find that switching your Bluetooth off and restarting your phone before switching Bluetooth back on might help.

Edit to add: Please also check out these links for some help to troubleshoot where the problem might lie if none of the above helps:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1664

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4562

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

What are you trying to pair with ?

You cannot send files via Bluetooth.

Only pair with car systems and handsfree.

Is the 'B' icon showing in the status bar when you've turned it on.

Try a reset of your iPhone by ;

Holding the Top Sleep/Wake Button and Home Button until the Apple Logo appears, and then let go of both. Your iPhone will reset.

And or ;

Settings , General , Reset , Reset All Settings.
Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144285 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Don't try and connect to any other phone except an Apple one as it won't happen.
It's not at all convenient like Android is wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Come on MI5 you can't blame Apple doing that with Android being so fractured and open to security issues.

wink

Staying on Topic I hope the op returns with a reasonable outcome to their issue. slight_smile
Message 5 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144285 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
I was on topic wink
It is relevant if the OP is trying to receive a file from an Android, Windows or BB phone slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
@MI5 said "I was on topic
It is relevant if the OP is trying to receive a file from an Android, Windows or BB phone"

Lol......I was actually referring to myself. wink
Message 7 of 7