Did you mean: 

iPhone 5s & 5c/iO7 Guides and information

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

As you all begin to get to grips with the new iPhone 5s and 5c, you may encounter some issues or questions, so below are some guides that we have seen so far with helpful info which I will be adding to as we go along. These guides have been written by other members and if you feel like having a go at writing one, by all means go ahead!

If you have any tips and advice that you want to share here, as well as any great FAQ/guide suggestions, make a post below.

Guides, News and Content

iPhone 5S/C review discussion - by bandofbrothers

iOS7 settings Battery life video guide - by Fatboy

Overall battery saving video guide - by Fatboy

iOS Control Centre video guide - by Fatboy

Quick Launch on iOS7 video guide - by Fatboy

iWorks apps free on some devices - by Leebroath

Carrier Update guide - by Fatboy

iOS7 left/right swiping video guide - by Fatboy

iOS7 New Safari features video guide - by Fatboy

iOS7.0.3 released - by bandofbrothers

iOS7 messages app updates - by Fatboy

How to turn off the Parralax effect video guide - by Fatboy

Adding wallpapers onto your iPhone - by Fatboy

Touch ID video guide and tips - by Fatboy

Got any more tips? Make a post below

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

It seems the iMessage problem is to do with O2's very own TuGo app.

You need to DELETE your TuGo account (just removing the app wont work, you can delete your account in settings within the app) and then, as if by magic, iMessage and FaceTime will work with your phone number

Also I discovered recently that I couldnt turn off voicemail, and I have now been able to do this after deleting TuGo.

Visual voicemail is a feature of TuGo and can't be turned off.

You should log out before removing the app.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 11 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having recieved my Space Grey 64gb 5s on monday, I noticed dead pixels the morning after setting it up (which took 4 hours).

Gutted and it doesnt look like ill be getting a replacement anytime soon.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Message 12 of 47

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Have you checked with an apple genius bar appointment they may have replacement stock in stores not in retail packaging .

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 13 of 47

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

Has anyone got any more FAQs they have seen around the community?

I aim to be adding some more to the first post if this thread in the next few days, so if you have any, fire away.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 14 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah ... why is battery life on my 5S so awful???
Message 15 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeah ... Why is battery life on my 5S so awful???

Hi Tractorgirl.

Have a watch of my battery saving tip video, as this might solve your poor battery life.

What I will say for the time being is. I find with a brand new iPhone that full battery life isn't achieved until the battery has been completely charged and discharged 3 times. Basically run your iPhone until it switches itself off, and then recharge, do this 3 times.

I find this is the same with any new iPhone I've had. So try this, and also try the tips I mention in my video.

Hope it helps slight_smile

Message 16 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

so far had no luck with the iPhone 5S; I picked it up yesterday and in less than 12 hours realised it would likely need to be replaced as the camera didn't work

when taking a photo you see the thumbnail appear at the bottom, but then when you go to the camera roll it's not there! it's like the folder it stores them in is read-only or something

I've checked settings, restrictions, turning it off and on again, a hard reboot and have twice tried wiping it and starting it again

this is the first time I've ever had an issue with an iPhone or iOS... so not too impressed at the minute

iOS 7.0.2 running on my old iPhone 4S is fine!

Message 17 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

so far had no luck with the iPhone 5S; I picked it up yesterday and in less than 12 hours realised it would likely need to be replaced as the camera didn't work

when taking a photo you see the thumbnail appear at the bottom, but then when you go to the camera roll it's not there! it's like the folder it stores them in is read-only or something

I've checked settings, restrictions, turning it off and on again, a hard reboot and have twice tried wiping it and starting it again

this is the first time I've ever had an issue with an iPhone or iOS... so not too impressed at the minute

iOS 7.0.2 running on my old iPhone 4S is fine!

Interesting.  I had this happen once yesterday, but just dismissed it.  Been fine ever since.

Try a DFU restore if yours is doing it constantly, to ensure a full restore.

PLug your phone into computer, turn it off, press and hold power + home for 10 seconds, release power after 10 seconds but continue to hold home until itunes detects the phone in recovery mode.  

Just to be sure you are reloading a new OS rather than just resetting the current OS.

Message 18 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
Doing a full restore didn't work, but emptying the photostream, removing all my backups and creating a fresh backup fixed this issue - suggests there was an issue with the photosteam in the icloud backup which was locking the folder
Message 19 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got weird messages from the number Tractorgirl posted and when I googled found out that others have been getting the same from Apple. Luckily, in iOS 7 you can block numbers from texting/calling you, so I blocked the number and bingo! No more weird messages (but iMessage still works, so I still get weird messages from my dad)...
Message 20 of 47