cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5c camera is black

Anonymous
Not applicable

My iphone 5c camera screen is black along with all other photo apps. I have visited the apple tech help and done as suggested but with no luck. The advice after this is to visit an apple store but my nearest one is over an hours drive away. Has anyone else experienced this?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Boroughed from "Applestoolbox"

Give it a try @Anonymous .I've got my fingers crossed.Hope this helps slight_smile

• First thing you should check for IOS software updates and if available, install them. To do so tap Settings > General > Software Update. If there is no update, restart your camera app by double pressing home button and then swipe up on the camera app.
  • Second thing you should do is to restart your device. Just press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds then slide the red slider. Then press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until you see the Apple logo.
  • If restarting does not solve your problem, reset all your resettings. Simply go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. Note that this will erase all your settings and preferences but down worry you will not lose any data.
  • If your problem still persists, you may want to reset your device. To do so, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button together until you see the Apple logo.
  • If nothing above helps, then you can try this. First back up your device (iTunes or iCloud) and erase your iPhone or iPad. by going to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. The set up your device as new when prompted to set up your device. Check to see if erasing and setting up as a new device resolved your camera issue. If your problem is gone, restore your device from your backup in iTunes.
  • If above solutions do not fix your problem, it is likely that you have a hardware problem. Contact Apple support.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I've had the same issue on my old 5s, switching the phone off and back on again did the trick for.me, if nothing is working may be worth visiting the apple store, is your phone less than 12 months old?

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Boroughed from "Applestoolbox"

Give it a try @Anonymous .I've got my fingers crossed.Hope this helps slight_smile

• First thing you should check for IOS software updates and if available, install them. To do so tap Settings > General > Software Update. If there is no update, restart your camera app by double pressing home button and then swipe up on the camera app.
  • Second thing you should do is to restart your device. Just press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds then slide the red slider. Then press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until you see the Apple logo.
  • If restarting does not solve your problem, reset all your resettings. Simply go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. Note that this will erase all your settings and preferences but down worry you will not lose any data.
  • If your problem still persists, you may want to reset your device. To do so, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button together until you see the Apple logo.
  • If nothing above helps, then you can try this. First back up your device (iTunes or iCloud) and erase your iPhone or iPad. by going to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. The set up your device as new when prompted to set up your device. Check to see if erasing and setting up as a new device resolved your camera issue. If your problem is gone, restore your device from your backup in iTunes.
  • If above solutions do not fix your problem, it is likely that you have a hardware problem. Contact Apple support.

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I do have an update so hopefully when its done Itll work.
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Luckily updating my phone worked but had to delete a whole lot if stuff. Pain in the backside.

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sadly one of the issues with iPhone is that once you have used up your memory you can't increase it with a micro sdcard. One of the many failings of iPhone sadly.
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
But you can always uninstall & reinstall the apps, music & games at any time as once you have purchased them on your iTunes account they are there forever
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93182 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Many people had a problem with updating to iOS8 due to the size so had to delete stuff to make room. Not good for a top end phone to not have expandable memory I'm afraid.

Message 8 of 8