cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5c&5s unlocking

Anonymous
Not applicable

It has been around 6months since the iPhone 5c&5s were released, however they still aren't unlocking these phones yet. Any idea on when they will start unlocking the iPhone 5c&5s?

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
I can tell you O2 are unlocking both iPhone 5c and 5s.

Regarding any unlocking though, you have to ensure the phone has been used on the O2 network for them to see, so you have to put the O2 SIM card in and make calls and send SMS too. I always suggest you also put the O2 sim in that you ordered the phone on, so if it was a upgrade phone, you need to get whoever got the upgrade to put there sim in and then for them to request the phone to be unlocked with O2. You also need to allow O2 to see the phone IMEI on the network, so I left my sims in for 24 hours, but i know you don't have to leave them in that long, but it just allows the system to say yes the phone has been on the network.

The key is however to make and receive calls for over 1 min as well, always work I've found if it's been a min or longer.

My 5s was unlocked last year,but I was told I had to pay of the phone plan which I did and no problems, I've just unlocked my 5c and I hadn't paid of my phone plan, again no problems and was done in less than 2 hours as well, which was superb service.
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Their has been threads on here where people have had their iPhone 5s unlocked. Some had paid off their phone plans on refresh.

Have you tried requesting the unlock ?
Message 2 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It has been confirmed by O2 that the 5S & 5C can now be unlocked.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Had my 5s unlocked over a month ago !

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I bought a brand new iphone 5s from a friend she had started a new contract but was happy with her original iphone 5 so sold me the 5s that came with her contract saying it had come straight from apple so was unlocked,she used her new contract sim in her iphone 5. I put a 3 sim in the 5s with the intent on giving this phone to my daughter as she could get a better deal on 3 and had unlimited internet with tethering which would suit her better for tethering to her ipad at college but the 5s is saying the sim is not valid so I went to the 02 shop and explained and they gave me a 02 sim said I had to register it and go to the unlock site and make sure there was £15 credit on the sim as I would be charged this. So I put £20 on the sim requested the unlock and was declined saying I hadn't passed the security so I went back to the seller and she phoned up O2 who told her she had to put her new contract sim in and make a call so it registered the sim then they would unlock it 48hrs later but it wasn't unlocked she rang again and they assuresd her it would be unlocked within 72 hrs again still not unlocked come on O2 what are you playing at ??? the contract sim is being used and just because she didn't want or need that phone she sold it but why are you holding it to ransom ?now and not unlocking it ???

Message 6 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

O2 are unlocking the iphone 5S now so I would suggest that your friend uses the Unlock Phone request form if the phone still hasn't been unlocked. There is no reason for the phone not to be unlocked so it's difficult to say why it hasn't been thus far.

Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Some have had success on phoning O2 customer service.

202 Contract Customer.
4445 Payg.

Remind your friend that a few calls have to be made to latch the iPhones imei to her account. Check in her myo2 that the iPhone 5s is showing as her device and that she carefully answers the security questions.

Apple do sell unlocked iPhones when they are paid for ref the retail price.

Upgrades / new contracts are units that are locked out which is why they insist on activating the iPhone instore.

iPhones obtained from O2 are locked.
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply she,s gonna call them again tomorrow
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok.

Let us know how you get on.
Message 10 of 11