Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5S battery

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Has anyone noticed any issues with their iPhone 5s battery lately?

The last 2 or 3 weeks my battery has drained very quickly. A few months ago I started charging it over night.

Lately when I unplug it, it stays on 100% for a while but then dramatically decreases.  Then when it is on 10%, within 5 minutes, it switches itself off.  I know the battery drains quite a bit (well it does on my phone) when it is using 4G, but this is when I am using wifi.  I have to charge it every day, sometimes twice a day.  At the weekend I turn my 4G off and I try to not use wifi either and my battery still decreases quickly.

I got this phone as a replacement last Novemeber/December from Apple.  I've had previous iPhones for longer and didn't experience and issues with the battery in less than 12 months.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Their was an issue with the iPhone 5 and 5s 5c turning itself off at 10% which I believe apple released a patch for so if your on the latest iOS it should be ok.

I would suggest as you've heard before from me to book an Apple Genius Bar Appointment.

As you know I use the 5S very heavily and I get a days usage out of it with recharging over night.

Go through the usual settings to ensure your not sending diagnostic data and look at your locations to see if something is turned on all the time.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5594

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/iOS-7-Battery-Saving-Tips/m-p/530730/high...

Edit : Try restoring your iPhone through iTunes too.
Message 2 of 8

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I've noticed that I search for updates on the app store when I am on 4G, but I don't select to download until I am using wifi.  But then when I go on wifi to update it, the update isn't there.  I have checked my settings to ensure that automatic download isn't turned on and it isn't.

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Theirs lots of chatter about wifi using more juice than a network connection but I'm not convinced.

I keep both 4G and Wifi toggled on in my iPhones settings and still attain a days usage.

Obviously my usage pattern will be different to yours and perhaps some of my settings are.

I download updates and apps on wifi purely to safeguard my data allowance.

If I do start an app download on network connection and realise its a large one then I just tap it again to suspend the download and compete it on wifi.
Message 4 of 8

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

My 5S turned itself off at about 11% the other day but I put it down to the fact I'm running iOS8 beta

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought mine was playing up until I read up on it too. Now mine stays on until it's to 1%

Message 6 of 8

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I'll try to not use the internet as much and see if that makes a difference with the battery life

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Kind of defeats the use of the iPhone. 😞

But do let us know how you get on.
Message 8 of 8