cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5S Monochrome Screen

Anonymous
Not applicable

My 5S Running 8.2 suddenly changed to monochrome, No settings were changed and the phone is about 18 months into contract. It continues to work but I have followed some advice on US forums without success. Today I have restored the phone and was initially hopeful as post software restoration the colour was back. But as soon as the back up restoration started we were back to monochrome. During the restoration the phone has updated to IOS 8.3.

Thinking about it, is this because the monochrome was present when it was backed up thbis morning. If I went back to an earlier backup would this regain the colour?

Any help very welcome.

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
It might do as the phone went back to everything that was backed up before you did a restore. You could see if there's another previous backup or restore as a new phone
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Have you got something like high contrast set anywhere in settings?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My 5S Running 8.2 suddenly changed to monochrome, No settings were changed and the phone is about 18 months into contract. It continues to work but I have followed some advice on US forums without success. Today I have restored the phone and was initially hopeful as post software restoration the colour was back. But as soon as the back up restoration started we were back to monochrome. During the restoration the phone has updated to IOS 8.3.

Thinking about it, is this because the monochrome was present when it was backed up thbis morning. If I went back to an earlier backup would this regain the colour?

Any help very welcome.

Thanks

@Anonymous.

Could you go into Settings/General/Accessability and see if you have either Invert Colours or Greyscale switched on.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any updates on this @Anonymous
Message 5 of 5