cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5C photo issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys

I have tried starting a new thread but it doesn't give me an option for post type so won't allow me to do it.

I have an iPhone 5c and for the last month or two when I go to take a photo the screen blanks out and goes fuchsia pink, sometimes it's just half the screen and sometimes the who screen. I have done a complete restore to factory settings and set up as a new phone again but it happened again today while trying to do a snapchat. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92911 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the forum.

Perhaps @Toby can move this as a new thread.

If you've factory reset the phone and still having the issue I would think your best option would be to take it to Apple if you have a store within travelling distance.

They will swap the phone for you if it's faulty. Back up to itunes before you go and make an appointment first.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

jonsie
  • 92911 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the forum.

Perhaps @Toby can move this as a new thread.

If you've factory reset the phone and still having the issue I would think your best option would be to take it to Apple if you have a store within travelling distance.

They will swap the phone for you if it's faulty. Back up to itunes before you go and make an appointment first.

Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
My nearest Apple store is 40 miles away and I don't drive! 😢
Message 3 of 15

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
They do a post in service - I assume it's still in warranty?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 15

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Link here http://www.apple.com/uk/support/iphone/repair/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it's out of warranty in October, will give them a call. Thank you
Message 6 of 15

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Good luck - Apple a very good in this respect. Let us know how you get on with them slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Will do 😊
Message 8 of 15

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi Queen-Elsa,

I've moved this to the Apple section of the forum for you. Welcome to the community!

I'm also about to send you a PM about your issues starting a new thread so I can investigate. slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I had this exact same issue before. I returned my iPhone to the Apple store and they basically said it's quite common and give you a replacement.

Just a word of warning, I would advise you to set it up as a new phone instead of restoring from a back-up as the camera then went faulty with the replacement phone!

Best of luck. slight_smile

Message 10 of 15