O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 1: Joiner
Xtremeflyer
Accepted Solution

iPhone 5 won't charge

My iPhone 5 will not charge, only had it a short while, please advise as I see many people around the world seem to have same issue when I searched google! I have restarted phone, hard reboot and restored back to factory settings, still no good! I also noticed that when I powered off I found later on that the phone had come back on itself? Now it's completely flat and have no phone, to make things worse i am away on holiday until wed 5 Dec, O2 please advise on what I need to do to have this sorted ASAP?

Please use plain text.
Level 44: Clearly Talented
Liquid

Re: iPhone 5 won't charge

Now it's flat if you plug it into charge and hit the power button does it give the charging icon?

Try charging from a computer rule out the charger being at fault.

Only thing I can recommend is take it to an apple store(probally one where your going) they'll swap it out free of charge.

Hope this helps
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
jonsie
Topics: 211
Solutions: 1,994

You could try putting your phone into recovery mode as explained below but you will need a PC with itunes.

http://appleclinic.wordpress.com/2008/04/05/how-do-i-set-the-iphone-into-recovery-mode/

Please use plain text.
Xtremeflyer

Nothing happens, don't have a computer, only a ipad, I tried the ipad charger too, using my lightning connector, that doesn't work either! I am in Barbados and can't locate a apple store anywhere! Thanks for the help:-)
Please use plain text.
Xtremeflyer

Thank you, no PC available as I am on holiday
Please use plain text.
Level 44: Clearly Talented
Liquid

It might be the cable at fault:/ if not then its definatly a trip to a apple store sorry:smileysad:
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
stuart1983
Kudos: 215
Solutions: 189

Try a different cable as even though they look the same, not all charge every device. I have one that charges my iphone but not my iPad & vice versa

iphone 4 16gb o2 unlimited, iPad 2 16gb wifi only
Please use plain text.
perksie
Topics: 229
Solutions: 1,536

[ Edited ]

Xtremeflyer wrote:
I am in Barbados and can't locate a apple store anywhere!

https://www.facebook.com/iShopBarbados/info?ref=stream

Please support the Disasters Emergency Committee appeal to send help to the Philippines.
Text DEC to 70000 (free text) to donate £5 or online: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Legacy O2 Simplicity 20 - O2 Wallet - Nexus 4 Android 4.4.4
Please use plain text.
jonsie
Topics: 211
Solutions: 1,994

Please use plain text.
bandofbrothers
Topics: 989
Solutions: 2,085

jonsie wrote:

Nice find perksie!

Bet the Op wasn't expecting that link !

*A Warm Welcome to the O2 Community Forum where Customers help fellow Customers.
A place to obtain advice, learn and chat*

iPhone 6+ ~ iOS 8.1.1
iPad Air ~ iOS 8.1.1

Support Uk O2 Jobs.
Mea familia est mea vita.
Please use plain text.