Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 on contract, internet problems & 3G in my area

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

a few questions for the community.

1) I have recently purchased an iPhone 5 (in white for anyone who wants to know) on an o2 contract via Carphone Warehouse. It all works fine, apart from browsing the internet or using any games that use the web - The Simpsons Tapped Out won't load unless I am connected to my personal wifi. We have a lack of 3G in our area (SN16 - Malmesbury), is this the ONLY reason why, or is there a problem with the phone/settings. I have restored the phone, with no luck.

2) As previously mentioned, we don't have 3G in our town, when will this change? I have read about 4G being rolled out by 2015, but what about good old 3G in areas like mine, it seems like we are just being ignored..if someone could give an approx. date that we are due to get 3G, it would be much appreciated. 

Thanks,

Fiona

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Poor 3G signal will affect your Internet experience.

Download the speedtest app from the apple App Store to see what your actual speeds are and let us know what they are plus the ping number too.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

, we are all customers here, only 02 know the dates

do you have the right apn setting, idata.02.co.uk for pay monthly iphones,

check the o2 coverage checker for any issues

my advice is to only do internet games via wifi otherwise you will use up all your data allowance quickly

Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Poor 3G signal will affect your Internet experience.

Download the speedtest app from the apple App Store to see what your actual speeds are and let us know what they are plus the ping number too.
Message 3 of 3