cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 doesn't swipe open

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I've had my iPhone 5 for nearly a year now and when I upgraded tot he latest software the other month the unlock screen stopped working properly. When the screen is locked, I then swip to unlock it and am presented with the key pad but I'm unable to type my passcode in. If I then press the on/off button twice (this locks the screen and then shows the key pad) I am then able to type in my passcode and get into my phone. 

There has also been a few instances when I have been typing a message and then all of a sudden some sections of the screen stop working. Again, I have to lock the phone and then unlock it to get it working properly. 

Is this somehting you have seen before? How do I over come this problem?

Thanks,

Dave

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there, did you check your serial no. and verified that your phone is elegible for the on/off button replacement programme? If so there is a compleye software test run by the genius bar at apple and they send your phone to the repair centre.if you have already done it take it to the store and have a chat with one of the techie guys

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there, did you check your serial no. and verified that your phone is elegible for the on/off button replacement programme? If so there is a compleye software test run by the genius bar at apple and they send your phone to the repair centre.if you have already done it take it to the store and have a chat with one of the techie guys
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Try a reset of your iPhone by ;

Holding the Top Sleep/Wake Button and Home Button until the Apple Logo appears, and then let go of both. Your iPhone will reset.

And or ;

Settings , General , Reset , Reset All Settings.

If no joy restore your iOS via iTunes.

If no help book an appointment here with an Apple Genius Bar : http://concierge.apple.com/reservation/gb/en/techsupport/

let us know how you get in.
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to add ~ make a back up to iCloud and or iTunes before you go to the Apple Store.
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
If it is just under a year old get it to apple pronto and they will sort it out most likely they will just swap it for a refurbished phone
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
And if not they provide a replacement option for a fee http://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=servicefaq&geo=United_Kingdom&product=iphone if you don't have Apple Care + or check any O2 insurance / mobile phone cover or household insurance or bank account cover - which would incur an excess fee possibly.
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous stay in touch with the Community and let us know how things progress.

Message 7 of 7