cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 charger

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is anyone else having problems charging there iPhone 5 up the past 2 days its hit and miss with the charger, I can get it to work eventually but it normal takes about 10 to get in a position and then not to touch it.
Is this a common? I'm book in the Genius Bar but that's on Friday shall I buy a new charger or revert back to the old style and use a micro to lighting USB that way lose the chances of a lose wire cause I've never had a problem with the old style charger...

Thanks for any help 🙂
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Definitely go to the Apple store. They will check the lead and the phone. 

Message 21 of 23

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
If you are sure that you haven't mixed up the cables with someone else then you shouldn't be getting that error.
It's easy to mix them up though as the copies usually look identical.
Strangely I have an Anker cable which works better than a genuine Apple one on an iPad mini.

@MI5 I have a few Mfi leads now and agree the anker ones are good. Just got a new usb power meter and I will be conducting soon a lead and charger comparison for use on here . 

The anker one I have is a braided outer so should be resistant to some of the usual ware and take issues of the standard lead . 

But agree with @jonsie a visit to Apple should resolve the issue 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 22 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144360 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Yes, I'm sure they will happily sell you a new lead or exchange the current one if original and faulty.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 23