cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 charger

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is anyone else having problems charging there iPhone 5 up the past 2 days its hit and miss with the charger, I can get it to work eventually but it normal takes about 10 to get in a position and then not to touch it.
Is this a common? I'm book in the Genius Bar but that's on Friday shall I buy a new charger or revert back to the old style and use a micro to lighting USB that way lose the chances of a lose wire cause I've never had a problem with the old style charger...

Thanks for any help 🙂
Message 1 of 23
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't have any trouble with mine but I would be tempted to take it to apple before buying another lead

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
They are £15 at the 02 or Apple Shop.

I bought one so i have a couple of charging options.

I personally have had no issues with the cord.
Message 2 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
My wife's charger seems to be the same with my phone so I don't wanna spend out cause it could be the phone
Message 3 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't have any trouble with mine but I would be tempted to take it to apple before buying another lead
Message 4 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Agreed.

At least they can check out the port on the iPhone 5 too.
Message 5 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks guys I've tried my charger in my wife's phone no problem it works and her charger doesn't work mine looks like the port is faulty 😞 at least I'm booked into apple!!!
Message 6 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
You'll be looked after.

wink
Message 7 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've used Genius Bar before and I tell you what they are fantastic if every company had customer service like that we all would be happy
Message 8 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
They are the front runners in customer service. The Americans know how to give good customer service.

Message 9 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Is anyone else having problems charging there iPhone 5 up the past 2 days its hit and miss with the charger, I can get it to work eventually but it normal takes about 10 to get in a position and then not to touch it.
Is this a common? I'm book in the Genius Bar but that's on Friday shall I buy a new charger or revert back to the old style and use a micro to lighting USB that way lose the chances of a lose wire cause I've never had a problem with the old style charger...

Thanks for any help 🙂

This isn't common. Definitely sounds like a faulty port on your iPhone (after reading the other posts). If you can easily get to an Apple Store (before Friday). I would go along and just wait to be seen.

What I would recommend you do before going to the Apple Store is, connect your iPhone up to iTunes, right click on it when it appears down the left handside, choose transfer purchases. Once you have done this right click on it again but this time choose backup.

The reason I recommend doing the above is in case they decide to replace your iPhone. I have dealt with Apple's customer service a few times, both in store and online and their customer service is of the highest quality. That's another reason why I buy Apple cause there so good at sorting stuff out when its needed.

Message 10 of 23