cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 Unlock from today!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, they are finally allowing it from today.  Announced about 25mins ago.

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not criticising, just checking.

As I say, I'm paranoid now!
Message 31 of 40

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

No need to be paranoid. Networks have been locking phones for years. The only "new" aspect is the fact that some "apparently" sim free iP5's were network locked to the first inserted SIM. This should have been accurately marketed by those selling the phones but was neglegted by one one particular retailler 😞

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 32 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
I see. I thought that I didn't know about locking and that no one told me. I know, I should've read the small print but who does!?
To me it's like buying a car and finding out later that you can only fill it from a Texaco station.
This is epecially so as mine was PAYG and conpletely unsubsidised.
Mind you, I had a SonyE phone on O2 before and that wasn't locked. How can I be sure this iPhone is locked before I pay £15?
Message 33 of 40

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

The only way to know for sure is to try another SIM in it. What network do you want to use? If you bought the phone SIM Free from Apple it will be unlocked. If you bought it elsewhere as a PAYG phone there's a 99.9% chance it will be locked.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 34 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
Three seem to have good 3G cover down here.

I understand that putting a new SIM in an iPhone is a real pain what with iTune syncing and all?

Also, I want my old number to ome with me.
Message 35 of 40

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Shouldn't be a major headache.

You need to get your PAC from O2 and give it to Three. They will port your number to a new SIM, then just put it in your phone and away you go....

Currently using:
Message 36 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

got my iphone 5 unlocked by o2 and complete by itune 3days ago took about 4 hours

Message 37 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
4 hours! What was it doing!!!
Message 38 of 40

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
4 hours! What was it doing!!!

That was the length of time from requesting the unlock to the phone becoming unlocked wink

Currently using:
Message 39 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh. Oops!
Message 40 of 40