cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S won't receive MMS from abroad

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I have some friend who are in Italy at the moment and they are sending me picture messages but I am not getting any of them.

They ate sending them to my brother who is on T Mobile and he is getting them all.

In total they have sent 6 and I have received none.

They are on O2 as well.

Any suggestions?

I can send picture messages to others and they get them on any network.

I know you need 3G to send receive them which is poor in my area but i
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Surely if someone sends you a MMS you should be able to receive it?

Not necesarrily if one of you is abroad - O2 can't guarantee a full working signal in a foreign country.

Try going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings and ask ask the person to attempt sending it again. However, it sounds like the issue is probably on your friend's side.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144322 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You only need 2g for mms
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well there's definitely something wrong the.

I sent MMS to 1010 and it said "thanks well set up picture messaging now..." Then a few minutes later it said "this service is currently only available to iPhone customers only"
Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 144322 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Do you have an iphone data package?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes definitely. They've neve worked well though. Used to have to reduce the mms size so they'd send at all.

The amount We pay O2 for this crap service they should be providing personal PAs to go carry the photo from me to whoever I send it to.
Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 144322 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Have you tried whatsapp or emailing the photo? MMS is dead tech now.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Not necesarrily if one of you is abroad - O2 can't guarantee a full working signal in a foreign country.

Try going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings and ask ask the person to attempt sending it again. However, it sounds like the issue is probably on your friend's side.

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Have you tried whatsapp or emailing the photo? MMS is dead tech now.

I still use mms quite a lot

Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
But my brother on t mobile is getting my friends mms and they are being sent at the same time. Some have been sent in the same message ie two people in the two line.

I don't know why I would want to email the pics as some people don't do emails and the mms function should work
Message 10 of 10