O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 1: Joiner
kris1873

iPhone 4 internet not working

Only got it today, 24 month contract.

Unfortunatley I've tried suggestions from a number of different websites but nothing seems to be working for me so far.

Say I try to access safari, it will just say I am not connected to the internet.

Can anyone help?

Regards

Kris

Please use plain text.
DaveC
Topics: 23
Kudos: 77
Solutions: 24

Re: iPhone 4 internet not working

Don't know what you have tried so far. 

Are you on an iPhone specific tariff, or a general data tariff as the settings are different.

To contact O2 click "Contact us" at the bottom of any O2 page, and click the service you need, or wait for "Live Chat" to appear.

Mobile since 1993
Please use plain text.
liamwli
Topics: 3

Hello, are your internet settings correct? We need to know your tariff to do tell you the correct settings.
Please use plain text.
Tev
Level 7: Part Timer
Tev

[ Edited ]

Try logging on to your account online and checking your tariff.

If its the iphone tariff then just reset your network settings and you should see a data symbol - O, E or 3G at the top left of the screen

3g

if your on a smartphone tariff, then the settings you need to use are settings -> General-> Network-> Mobile/Cellular Data Network -

Cellular Data APN - mobile.o2.co.uk

MMS APN - wap.o2.co.uk

once you have succesfully connected to internet, you'll have one of the aove symbols. Make sure you switch your Wifi off when doing this.

hopefully this should help you.

I work for O2 however my opinions expressed here are my own and not in any way reflective of O2/Telefonica and should not be taken as such.
Please use plain text.