cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4 hotspot tethering

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello 

I have an iPhone 4 and I recently got an ipad I would like to use it out and about so I tried to set up my hotspot but when I turn it on , it just wants me to go to an o2 guru site , dose anyone know how to fix this.  All help appreciated.

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

Although tethering should be included in all recent tariffs you do need to have a specific data "bolt-on" to allow your iphone to use the feature.

Log into your My O2 account (either via the app or the web site) and look for bolt-ons.

If you have the right one, it will say "** iPhone Data".

If you do not have the right bolt-on no fear, just ring up customer services (202 PM or 4445 P&G* 25ppc) and ask them to change it over.

If you do have the right one it may be worth doing what is called a "network settings reset", you can find this in: Settings - General - Reset.

As long as its only Network Settings you will only lose wifi logins, and your internet, mms and visual voicemail settings will refresh to default.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
What tariff are you on?

Welcome to the forums:)
And merry Christmas:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have this tariff 

O2 200 24 month Extra 

is that any help 

also I changed my phone to an iPhone the tariff was originaly a HTC sensation xe I had lots of problems so I changed to a iPhone which is a lot better.

thanks 

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have the same problem, my phone pops up with the message directing me to O2 guru. He can't help me so I'm hoping you can slight_smile 

i read on O2 that all tethering is included in data plans

someone please help me oout kind regards slight_smile 

Message 5 of 9

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

Although tethering should be included in all recent tariffs you do need to have a specific data "bolt-on" to allow your iphone to use the feature.

Log into your My O2 account (either via the app or the web site) and look for bolt-ons.

If you have the right one, it will say "** iPhone Data".

If you do not have the right bolt-on no fear, just ring up customer services (202 PM or 4445 P&G* 25ppc) and ask them to change it over.

If you do have the right one it may be worth doing what is called a "network settings reset", you can find this in: Settings - General - Reset.

As long as its only Network Settings you will only lose wifi logins, and your internet, mms and visual voicemail settings will refresh to default.

Hope this helps.

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi thanks for all the help, could I just swap my bolt-ons from standard to iPhone?

thanks

Message 7 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Yes you can but if you are on a standard data now, you would have to change the idata APNs to idata.o2.co.uk

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you every one for all your help it has really helped me thanks !!
Message 9 of 9