Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad air 2 preorder

george70
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi there. Has anyone preordered the new iPad Air 2 128gb? Anyone know when they will start dispatching?
Message 1 of 75
74 REPLIES 74

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Same as usual then - A least there is consistency 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 51 of 75

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, so my friend had to phone them back to place an order as O2 never bothered phoning back....

They told his wife whilst ordering to 'order now, have it delivered tomorrow'.

As soon as the order is completed they have been told it is out of stock all will be delivered Friday!

Something tells me O2 aren't learning!
Message 52 of 75

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not good at all. 😞

I'm sure @Toby @Anonymous will be channeling this all back up the chain.
Message 53 of 75

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.

I too have "pre-ordered" the 128gb Ipad air 2 from O2.

My sequence of events - and frustrations.

1. Ordered - and paid down payment -on 25th
  2. Text on 27th to say delayed.
  3. Phoned O2 on 29th to be told still out of stock.
  4. Phoned O2 on 30th (am) to be told awaiting dispatch, should leave today and you'll get an email - great
  5. Phoned O2 on 30th (evening) still awaiting dispatch - maybe tonight or tomorrow - grrrrrr
  6. Phoned O2 on 31st (1st of many calls this day) - still awaiting dispatch "I will call you back within 2 hours with an answer" - no call back!!
  7. Phoned again (31st) "looks like the order must have got stuck. I'll put you through to sales who can cancel this order and then place another order for next day delivery." Sales - "sorry still pre-order only so why would you want to cancel and then order again?" They put me back through to "customer service (ha ha). "looks like we have stock but can't dispatch because Apple haven't told us we can release it yet" WOW. "would you like me to put you through to apple?". Apple - "of course you can have one. they're in stock we release on 22nd".
  8. Phoned back to O2 (still 31st). "Sorry I can't explain why we can't release it and other companies (Vodafone etc.) can." I gave up at this point.
  9. Online Chat (evening of 31st) after seeing it on website move from "pre-order" to "buy now". Still awaiting dipatch, yes your order is in stock and will be dispatched shortly.
  10. Phoned O2 (3rd). Still awaiting dispatch.........
  11. Online chat (4th) still awaiting dispatch - "due to high demand" ???????? yet my order has "been in stock" since 30th!!!!!!

VERY CLOSE TO POINT OF GIVING UP!!!!

I could understand if still out of stock or not released. I don't think I'm being unreasonable to expect , if my order is in stock, for it to be delivered as promised.

Eric Ware

Message 54 of 75

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous it seems you have experienced the same frustrations as me.

I have raised a complaint with executive office as I will not waste any more of my time with these jokers, as I've been passed from pillar to post, promised call backs and received nothing.

Let's see what they say about this whole fiasco.
Message 55 of 75

Anonymous
Not applicable

Further to my last post regarding my friend's order - the plot thickens.

They had an error e-mail from o2 after thinking the order was finalised. Turns out something went wrong. After phoning back and eventually giving up on trying to add one to his wife's account, my friend decided to sign up as a new customer and order one himself.

This also got messed up by O2, who somehow have tried to link the orders as they saw the same postal address and managed to get his order declined as suspected fraudulent due to the numerous attempts to order an Ipad to that address that day! Whilst trying to sort this out, my friend started receiving the 'there is a problem with your order e-mails' relating to his wife's attempted purchase to his own e-mail address (not a shared e-mail)! So somehow O2 seem to havge merged their accounts and despite trying from midday till 9pm STILL has not managed to get a confirmed order!!!! 

This morning he phoned Vodafone (who supply his mobile phone contract), and within 15 mins had ordered an Ipad 2 Air 64gb in slate grey. They had 9 in stock and the delivery date is confirmed AND due to him already being a vodafone customer, and him telling vodafone he was attempting to buy one form O2, they knocked some money off the upfront cost of the iPad and he has now paid less up front for it, and is getting 5Gb data £1 less per month!

O2 should be more than embarrassed - this is a farce!

Message 56 of 75

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Phillpark said

O2 should be more than embarrassed - this is a farce!

Honestly Phill I am beginning to think O2 are slowly giving up? I have read various reports (and apart from one highly biased one)...all appear to be giving more negative feedback to O2 than any other network...

The Iphone farce...the Note 4 farce....the ipad and Moto 360 shambles....Appalling CS and Live Chat experiences?....

Maybe they know something none of us do?....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 57 of 75

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:
Maybe they know something none of us do?....

We might not know it but a lot of us suspect it........our suspicions may be confirmed in 7 days.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 58 of 75

Anonymous
Not applicable
A guy from the executive office rang me today, he basically advised that they do have the 128gb in the warehouse but they are for fulfilling back orders, he couldn't tell me if I was one of them but believes I should receive it by beginning of next week.

For the inconvenience he gave me credit on my phone account equivalent to 1 month, I just hope I get it soon as the case arrived today 😒
Message 59 of 75

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm finally getting my iPad Air 2 tomorrow, after nearly cancelling the order today I've had confirmation it's on its way 😀
Message 60 of 75