Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad air 2 preorder

george70
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi there. Has anyone preordered the new iPad Air 2 128gb? Anyone know when they will start dispatching?
Message 1 of 75
74 REPLIES 74

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yup. Pre-ordered a silver, 128gb on the 21st.

If I'd known that they had issues with the iPhone, then I would never have ordered from them. I bought a HTC One back in March, so the whole iPhone fiasco passed me by. I've only found out about it in the last few days.

I've been on the phone to them two days in-a-row now. Yesterday I was told they were receiving stock that evening and that I should have it today. The girl also told me I'd be contacted with dispatch/shipping details. When this didn't happen today, I phoned them again. This time, another chap, told me their manager had said that they have no confirmed release date, that they'll be shipping on the 'launch date' and that I'll be contacted when this happens. I then explained there is no launch date, that Apple are selling the bloody things in their stores just now and that a mate has had his for 3 days now. No answer to that.

I'm giving them until Friday, then it's getting cancelled if there's no movement. I've already promised that I'd give my current iPad to a family member, so I'm not pissing about, waiting weeks.

Edit: I was also told today that the silver, 128gb one is showing as in stock and that they can't understand why it's not dispatching. Amateurish stuff.
Message 11 of 75

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Wheres that pic I had ready?
Message 12 of 75

Anonymous
Not applicable

I preordered my 64gb gold ipad air2 on 9pm 28th, Got it delivered todayCrazy

Message 13 of 75

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello @Anonymous and Welcome to the Community Forum.

It does seem the same hitches are hampering this launch the same way the iPad Air and iPad Retina Mini were handled previously 😔

I hope you get your unit soon and perhaps let O2 know officially about your disappointment here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain

Would you let us know how you get on please.
Message 14 of 75

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers!

Yeah, it would seem so. I've still heard nothing from them. I think it may be an issue with the 128gb model. I contacted my local O2 shop regarding stock. They've not got any in yet either, and apparently, they're only getting the 16gb and 64gb in.

That tells me it's either a stock issue and/or an issue with the 128gb model.

I'll definitely be complaining.
Message 15 of 75

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I preordered my 64gb gold ipad air2 on 9pm 28th, Got it delivered todayCrazy

Fast turnaround for O2 these days....:smileywink:

Message 16 of 75

jonsie
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

We've had people complaing and miraculously getting the devices despatched a couple of days later. Hope all goes well either with O2 or another source.

Message 17 of 75

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're welcome.

I've not come across any reports saying theirs any issue with that capacity of unit.

Must be demand outstripping supply I think.
Message 18 of 75

Anonymous
Not applicable
I pre-ordered the 128Gb in Gold this morning, first I was told over the phone that I should receive it tomorrow, then on the online chat I was told if I order it today then I'll get it tomorrow too.

So far I've just received an email to say thanks for the order, I noticed when I went through the order it stated I should receive it before 7th Nov.

I used my o2 open code otherwise I'd of gone to Vodafone as 3 are taking ages.
Message 19 of 75

jonsie
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You will get an email with tracking details when it's despatched....soon...maybe:smileywink:

Message 20 of 75