Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad air 2 preorder

george70
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi there. Has anyone preordered the new iPad Air 2 128gb? Anyone know when they will start dispatching?
Message 1 of 75
74 REPLIES 74

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Seems to be going much more smoothly this time around slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 75

Anonymous
Not applicable

My colleague ordered one directly from Apple prior to the release date, and received it before the Apple stores got any stock! He went in to buy a case for it and they asked him why he wanted one, as they didn't know the online orders were already being shipped. As Yoda might say, "slightly smug, he was."

Message 22 of 75

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would like to have seen the Apple Guys/Gals faces. 😄
Message 23 of 75

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes no email so far.
Message 24 of 75

McGrath1982
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 49 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've got the iPad Air 2 in gold 64gb model. My teenage daughter has the iPad Air 16gb from last year. I don't see Apple fascination with everything being slim etc... As the Air 2 vibrates a lot more then the iPad Air when watching videos, SkyGo, Netflix etc... I'm thinking of taking it back tbh a lot of people have brought this up on the Apple forums.

Message 25 of 75

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just had a text from o2

"O2: We're sorry, we can't get your new iPad to you on the original delivery date given. It's been really popular and unfortunately our delivery has been delayed.

When it arrives we'll get your order straight out to you. If it's more than 7 days we'll get back in touch with an update."

Annoyed now as I could of ordered it from Vodafone and got it by now, only thing is the deals aren't as good as o2's.
Message 26 of 75

Anonymous
Not applicable

Voda might be having the same issues - I doubt they would turn down any pre-orders over as small a matter as having any stock either!

Message 27 of 75

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Just had a text from o2

"O2: We're sorry, we can't get your new iPad to you on the original delivery date given. It's been really popular and unfortunately our delivery has been delayed.

When it arrives we'll get your order straight out to you. If it's more than 7 days we'll get back in touch with an update."

Annoyed now as I could of ordered it from Vodafone and got it by now, only thing is the deals aren't as good as o2's.

You ordered it yesterday morning and you're being told today that there is a delay which to me is infinitely better than the iPhone customers were treated.

Be thankful you have been told very promptly what's happening or not happening.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 28 of 75

Anonymous
Not applicable
If not having the O2 deals are not a deal breaker then you could obtain one through an Apple Store if one is close.

This is just a re run of the last iPad Air launches. 😞
Message 29 of 75

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am happy that I've been notified that my order has been delayed, just a bit miffed that over the phone and online sales/support both said that if I ordered it yesterday I'd receive it today.

Live chat support keep telling me my order is in progress and awaiting dispatch, kinda contradicting the text I received.

I've decided to order the iPad from o2 rather than Apple as the refresh plan is great plus I can the o2 open code.
Message 30 of 75