cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 8's "text message forwarding" when overseas?

lanceuppercut
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 81 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'll be overseas on holiday next month and will be taking my work o2 phone with me and leaving my personal o2 phone at home.

If I switch the "text message forwarding" feature in iOS 8 on, does that incur any charges whilst overseas (both for my own phone which will be in the UK where the messsage originates and the work phone which will be with me) when it comes to recieving messages?

1) Does the originating phone have to be switched on for the message to actually forward?

2) Does mobile data need to be switched on for the overseas phone for it to get these messages forwarded?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

lanceuppercut
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 81 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm guessing that my own phone will not be charged anything extra for a SMS to be "sent" abroad using this forwarding service and it will come out of my allowance?
Message 11 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@lanceuppercut wrote:
I'm guessing that my own phone will not be charged anything extra for a SMS to be "sent" abroad using this forwarding service and it will come out of my allowance?

That's correct. Your own phone which is staying in the UK will not be charged for sending the text....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
You can send a text from a UK phone number to any other UK number anywhere in the world for free (out of alowance).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 14

jonsie
  • 93240 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

@lanceuppercut wrote:

No extra at all, classed as standard text which will come from your allowance.

Message 14 of 14