cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 8.4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just a heads up. iOS 8.4 has landed bringing the updated music app and Apple music with it.

Install took me less than ten minutes from requesting it to being back at the lock screen so all in all, not bad at all.

When you launch the music app, it asks you to sign up for Apple music at £9.99 a month after the 3 month free trial. Then away you go with most of the Apple library.

To save a song to your music, click on the 3 dots and select add to my music. From my music, you can make songs available offline.

Beats 1 isn't live yet. It says it playing Chronic by Dre but it's all lies. It's playing some classical jam. I believe it goes live at 5.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93224 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm impressed with it at the moment. IMO, it has a better interface than Spotfiy. But I am not one for the dark UI Spotify supplies so.........

Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thought Apple music was to be included in iOS 9?
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Nah. Lauched today with 8.4

Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
The UI looks beautiful, original & presented like iTunes on a PC & I particularly like that you can now share artist links
Message 6 of 10

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Great to hear your thoughts on the new music service in 8.4 @Anonymous

Give us some impressions after a few days of thorough testing slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby wrote:

Great to hear your thoughts on the new music service in 8.4 @Anonymous

Give us some impressions after a few days of thorough testing slight_smile

Will do.

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It will be. Although because of the way Apple have rolled out the 8.4 update, it won't be available on iOS 9 until the next beta (beta 3), due next week.

Message 9 of 10

jimthing0
Level 8: Talented
  • 412 Posts
  • 23 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

"MOST of the Apple library" ? 

Erm, no, only about half the Apple iTunes Store library at best. 

Just so many artists have their best products missing from the service, trying to obviously make you buy the item(s) instead. 

It really is quite annoying too... you search for a track you know must be available from Apple iTunes inside the Apple Music app, yet nothing comes up (after first slowly having to check through the massive results page!). Only to then open the separate iTunes app, and low-and-behold there the track is, often on multiple releases. 

Although I've always found iTunes (and now Apple Music) still has vast holes in label back catalogues it's unreal – it's like half of electronic/jazz/funk/soul music history never happened, with other genres/styles barely existing at all. 

And as for compilations, who thought just showing the track name was helpful?! Obviously I need to see the ARTIST name don't I, short-sighted UI design people! Or the fact that remix compilations, often don't have the name of the remix on them, so you have no idea you're listening to a remix at all, or sometimes they simply have "Remix" on the end, when there are many remixes for said track. All really annoying UI/UX issues. Some of these are caused by the original uploaders, but Apple UI is to fault for most issues. 

BTW, watch your metadata too, lots of scrambling a percentage of users have had massive problems with lost data. And also, when you add a track to your My Music or playlist: go and check it's been added, as some ways of doing it are faulty, so you often have to find another way to do it to get the track where you want it.

Apple Music could be really good if only they just fixed the SMALL things for once, but they are just so annoying that makes me want to scream. 

Message 10 of 10