cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 7 - Voicemail not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

Since upgrading to iOS7 my iPhone 5's voicemail system has ceased to function.  The O2 Gurus were no help whatsoever and the customer service line is 'busy'.  Anyone else had the same problem?

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27655 Solutions
Are you on a contract or PAYG?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 41 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

All the same issues as mentioned on the previous posts. Tried many of the suggestions. Here's what didn't work: Turning iPhone off and on, network reset, turning wifi off & on, contacting O2, dialling any of the numbers metioned, backing up/sync with iTunes & turning on voicemail on TU Go (but see below)

What did work was uninstalling TU Go, downloading it again from the App store and then turning on voicemail in TuGo. Beats me why this worked, but all is sweetness and light now (well, so far ...)

Message 42 of 44

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

It is well known that deleting or uninstalling the app and then re-installing often works. May be due to getting rid of any bugs and re-installing the most up to date version of the app. At least it's working now so fingers crossed.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 43 of 44

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27655 Solutions
Tugo is well known for causing issues with vm esp on iOS.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 44 of 44