cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessages not sending on iPhone 5s.. Help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had my iPhone 5s for nearly a year now and this problem has been on and off since I got it. My iPhone goes through phases of just not sending iMessages, it says delievered but unless the person I'm sending them to has their read reciepts on I wouldn't know if they've actually recieved them which is a nightmare at times! 

It seems to do it more so to the person(s) I message the most, at the moment that's my best friend and for the last 2 days she hasn't recieved any of my iMessages yet everyone else has. But at random my iPhone will send them as a text message instead. Her phone is working fine and she's reset everything to check.

I'm constantly resetting my network settings and re-starting my iPhone but neither solve the problem. It just happens at random. I also get a lot of wifi/3G problems - 3G doesn't always work and I have to reset my network settings for it to do so, wifi doesn't always connect automatically and connection is lost regulary.

A friend suggested getting a new sim card, is that something I should do?

I'm really fed up with this, anyone got any suggestions on what I can do?

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144080 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
A new sim might help with the data connection but it won't have any effect on WiFi.
As this has been ongoing randomly I would think this is more likely a phone issue.
Apple will check it out for you which is where I'd start.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had problems recently with 3G connectivity, and WiFi not always connecting automatically. It's actually a common complaint, and the latest update iOS 8.3 was supposed to address these and a few other bugs, but clearly Apple have still got some work to do.

With regard to your issues with iMessage, it might be worth having a look at this troubleshooting guide from Apple Support. The following advice might be worth a shot, since the problem seems to be mostly affecting one of your contacts:

"If you can't send messages to a certain recipient, delete any conversations you have with them and try sending a new message. When you delete a conversation, you won’t be able to recover it. Make sure that you take a screenshot or forward any messages that you want to keep."

Good luck, and I hope you get it sorted.

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
This happens to me also but my best advice is to forget using iMessage, switch that off & just use text, whatsapp or FB Messenger
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the community! How are you getting on with this?
Message 5 of 5