O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 2: Apprentice
Stokervic
Accepted Solution

iMessage on iOS 7 not working

Hi 

1st message so please be kind, I couldn't find a thread similar to this topic...

I updated to iOS 7 last night, and now I don't have access to iMessage from my telephone number.  It works with my gmail & iCloud email addresses but not on my phone number.

Plus it hasn't activated yet.  I love my iPhone 5 and it is doing my head in to get it sorted.  I have tried all the work arounds on the web that I can find (reset settings, turn off & on wifi and airplane mode).  Plus I have rebooted the phone.  Strangely I get this or something similar sent to me by text message every time I try to activate it. 

ùéèΩy@@REG-RESP?v=3;r=7c062cb8;n=+447545062465;s=02523CACB1FFFFFFFF5DC73BE887207BC3812FBBD180CEB14C711010C3

The same thing is happening with my wife's iPhone 4 when updated to iOS 7.  I have called O2 couldn't get through as everyone is upgrading, therefore I contacted O2 via chat and they said it is a issue and will be resolved, when?

Does anyone what is going on or what to do?

Please use plain text.
Carolt22

Re: iMessage on iOS 7 not working

Hi. Just updated my daughters iPad mini and she couldn't send an iMessage. So sent her one from my iPhone 5 and she could then reply. All working again. Don't know why but all good!
Please use plain text.
MI5
Topics: 259
Solutions: 3,022

I'm trying to figure out the same issue myself. I can activate but not send anything :smileysad:
Samsung S3 i9305 Dual SIM. Asus Fonepad.
Samsung AtivS WP8.1 Samsung Note 4.
Please use plain text.
Stokervic

It can send imessages with others using email but not telephone number.  But it won't activate, after speaking to O2 this evening I thought it was a O2 issue but seems not...

Please use plain text.
Level 1: Joiner
Wayhay

I have the same problem...Almost.... I have an iPhone 5 (unlocked ,bought from Apple) and on a sim only deal. My Mrs, has a 4s (unlocked, bought from Apple) pay as you go deal.

Mine is showing the same symptoms, hers is fine.

The one difference i have noticed is in the settings, her modem firmware version is 5.0.00 and mine is 5.0.01

when I first updated the phone, I was told there was a carrier update, I accepted it.

I then had the symptoms. When she updated hers i told her not to accept the update and hers doesnt show and syptoms.

Now whether or not this is relevant , or the firmware difference is a 4s vs 5 thing, I do not know. Ive been on to apple support, who advised me to restore the phone to factory settings and try to start again. but withing a minute of starting the phone, i get the gobbledegook message, and i message still doesnt work properly.

Logic tells me its an issue with these carrier settings, so maybe all we can do is wait till o2 and apple sort this out.

I might grab a pay as you go sim card and test it with that 

Please use plain text.
MI5
Topics: 259
Solutions: 3,022

I don't think it's O2 specifically as we have a Giffgaff sim in the iPhone....
Samsung S3 i9305 Dual SIM. Asus Fonepad.
Samsung AtivS WP8.1 Samsung Note 4.
Please use plain text.
bandofbrothers
Topics: 1,006
Solutions: 2,103

[ Edited ]
I accepted the carrier update and am not having these issues on my iPhone 5.

iMessage is working fine.

*A Warm Welcome to the O2 Community Forum where Customers help fellow Customers.
A place to obtain advice, learn and chat*

iPhone 6+ ~ iOS 8.1.1
iPad Air ~ iOS 8.1.1

Support Uk O2 Jobs.
Mea familia est mea vita.
Please use plain text.
Stokervic

My modem firmware is 5.00.01 too, and I did accept a carrier update, maybe that is it.

It is still really frustating that I can't get it to work, need to calm down!

Please use plain text.
bandofbrothers

That's what mine is too.

*A Warm Welcome to the O2 Community Forum where Customers help fellow Customers.

iPhone 6+ ~ iOS 8.1.1
iPad Air ~ iOS 8.1.1

Support Uk O2 Jobs.
Please use plain text.
bandofbrothers

[ Edited ]
I assume you've gone tho all this.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4268

http://www.igeeksblog.com/fix-imessage-waiting-for-activation/

Some have said a restore can solve this.

iPhone 6+ ~ iOS 8.1.1
iPad Air ~ iOS 8.1.1

Support Uk O2 Jobs.
Please use plain text.