cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage and facetime not working

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well for the last 3 days my iMessage has stop working my mobile number is blanked out check mark against my email but just keeps saying iMessage activation error please try again I'm really running out of ideas now.
I've log out apple id and back in
reset all network settings tried it through wi-fi only,3G only
Done a reboot of my phone still no luck just keeps saying the same thing never had any problems what so ever with iMessage
Is my only hope a re store or to back it up and connect to iTunes?
My phone is a iPhone 4 running on 6.1.2 I think the last update before they changed everything lol I would like to stay on this version if possible any help or ideas would be great
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Check first that your number is correct in settings >phone >my number.
Next turn off iMessage and reboot phone then turn iMessage back on and see if it activates.
Have you ever had Tugo on your phone at all?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Check first that your number is correct in settings >phone >my number.
Next turn off iMessage and reboot phone then turn iMessage back on and see if it activates.
Have you ever had Tugo on your phone at all?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
You may need to update your phone or do a restore, if you decide a restore, back up your phone first
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Number is correct I've triple checked it lol no never had tugo thanks for the replies
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
My iMessage wasn't working this morning, and I got an iPhone 5S so did a full reboot of my phone and it activated now and working
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Plus my phone is running on 8.1.2
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
If I did a full reboot would I have to update to the lastest ios never had to do a reboot
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
No the one you are on now would stay the same, you only need to then restore from your last saved back up
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for all the replies one last question i have no Internet at home till next week do I need an Internet conection to preform a reboot got a funny feeling your gonna say I do lol been that kind of week
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes you do because the phone will need to connect to the Apple servers which will initiate the restore via iTunes
Message 10 of 10