cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

http://www.o2.co.uk/m/ ARGH

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I mostly recieve a text to log into http://www.o2.co.uk/m/ for picture messages from non iphones but recently I have been recieving these from iphones! I have been onto O2 gurus, they checked my MMS settings and these are fine. They told me that you can't receive MMS over wifi so I should turn this off............ seems a bit silly to me, so if someone want to send me a MMS from a non iphone they need to text me so I can come off wifi to receive and then have to reconnect ?? I normally don't have a problem but over the last couple of weeks I keep getting this and its really annoying 

Can anyone help??

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I leave both my wifi and mobile data on when at home it's always connected to wifi but mms come through as it must switch by itself to receive and send so you don't need to turn it off but it won't work if you have mobile data switched off May be worth a call to get it reset

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry its an iphone 5 IOS 7.1
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
iMessage works over wifi if your communicating with another iPhone.

If Not then mobile data does need to be turned on to send and receive although it uses next to no data.

Try turning tour airplane mode on and off to reset your Connection or Hold the Top Button and Home Button until the Apple Logo appears, and then let go of both. Your iPhone will reset.

O2 mms is expensive. Have you considered e mail , viber or whatsapp although the other person needs them downloaded too.

You could ask O2 Cs to provision your account for mms. This resets it. Ring them on 202 for
Contract or 4445 for payg
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
I leave both my wifi and mobile data on when at home it's always connected to wifi but mms come through as it must switch by itself to receive and send so you don't need to turn it off but it won't work if you have mobile data switched off May be worth a call to get it reset
Message 4 of 4