cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to keep same mobile number???

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. I've just upgraded from a Samsung s2 to a Samsung s5. I've had to take out a completely new tariff but I want to keep the same number I had on the s2. Is this possible?
Thank you
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

If its an upgrade you will automatically keep your existing number.

You should have a new "micro" sim card which you need to put into your new handset then call customer services on 202 to make the new sim live.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

If its an upgrade you will automatically keep your existing number.

You should have a new "micro" sim card which you need to put into your new handset then call customer services on 202 to make the new sim live.

Message 2 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

If the process has just started, it might be a good idea to call Customer Services now, if only to ensure that they're transferring your old number to the new contract, and that it's all in the system already. Might save some problems down the road.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay thanks.
Do you know if I have to cancel the old tariff or does the new tariff automatically start and the old ones finished? And is that when you can dispose of the Samsung s2?
Message 5 of 9

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As long as you've upgraded and not taken out a new contract the old contract will just come to an end and your bills adjusted. Check in My O2 once you have swapped over.

Message 6 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

If it's an upgrade your old tariff should end and the new one should begin.

If you're intending to dispose of your old phone, here is a good guide for what you need to do to ensure the phone has none of your personal data left on it:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how-to-wipe-android-phone-or-tablet/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
If your passing an O2 shop they can also sort out the transfer of tariff and mobile number to the SIM card for you.

If your taking up a 4G tariff then you'll need one of the newer sim cards anyway.
Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Sounds to me like you have 2 contacts running. You need to call 202 to check and sort it out.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 9