cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to block an old phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, my question is can i get my old iphone blocked by o2? 

I use it as a spair when i go out with a pay as you go sim card, i have up graded twice since usin this phone and so i dont still have the box or Imei number. Would o2 know this by looking through my records? I would like the phone blocked as soon as possible because of private things i have on there. Any help and replies welcome

Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
The link I gave you showed you how you could wipe the phone yourself too....
CS will IMEI block it for you when you call them.
Let us know how you get on pls......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Yes, they can block it but it won't stop access to your stuff on it - It only stops the phone been used on the network.
If you had a passcode on it that would stop anyone from accessing your data and depending on what firmware you were on you could have the option to wipe it remotely from your PC....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there no way o2 can shut the phone down? I thought the could with the imei number

Message 3 of 21

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
What phone is it that you had and I assume you have lost it?

Currently using:
Message 4 of 21

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Is there no way o2 can shut the phone down? I thought the could with the imei number

An IMEI block prevents it from accessing the network so it can't make calls or texts etc.

It does not wipe data from it.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

My psycho ex has stolen it i suppose not bein able to use it will do only pics on there nothin of major importance 😞 its an iphone 4

Message 6 of 21

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I'm not 100% certain if this is available on the iP4 but have a look and see if it helps https://www.apple.com/uk/icloud/find-my-iphone.html

Currently using:
Message 7 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122922 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

If its been stolen you should report it to the police?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know where it is i dont want to go get it bk just want to make sure he cant use it thank you for your help will contact o2 tomorrow just didnt wanna b wastin me timw tryin x

Message 9 of 21

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
The link I gave you showed you how you could wipe the phone yourself too....
CS will IMEI block it for you when you call them.
Let us know how you get on pls......

Currently using:
Message 10 of 21