O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Apple iOS Devices (iPhone, iPad)

Level 1: Joiner
canon40D

how long for sim to change over??

got my new iphone 4 today and did the swapmysim process 7 hours ago!! still waiting on the old phone going dead and new one kicking in. pretty infuriating. i can use my new 4 on the wi fi so have been surfing and app acquiring, but just wish i could get actually on it to use it properly.

whats the longest anyone had to wait for the change over, that they promise "should be within the hour"?
Please use plain text.
DAW
Level 12: Nimble
DAW

Mine took an hour, but others at that time (around launch day) took more than a day. Have you turned the iPhone 4 off and on again as sometimes that works.
Please use plain text.
Level 1: Joiner
canon40D

Thanks DAW. tried it. but no. just the message "awaiting activation, this can take some time". they're telling me!!!!

means ive got to lug two iphones around in case the old one cuts off half way thru work and need to change to other one.

ah well. i suppose the expectation makes the wait worthwhile.
Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
Snapples

It should take no more than 10 minutes. Are you sure 02 are activating your new micro-sim and that you don't have to do it yourself?

http://shop.o2.co.uk/new-iphone/aboutsimswap.html
Please use plain text.
Level 3: Ponderer
mrfilipov

I was gonna say 7 hours seems like a long time. Mine only took 5 minutes. Made the swap on the website in the above post, waited five minutes, turned my old iPhone off and on and it had to service. Put the new micro sim in and it was ready to go.
Read before you post! There is a Search option on this forum.
Please use plain text.