cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

could not activate mobile data network

Anonymous
Not applicable
I put my pay monthly 3g sim which has data plan into a iphone 3gs but can only connect to internet via wifi. How do i get it to connect to internet away from my home.
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
VVM will only work with iData so you will need to call CS (202) and request the data is changed to iData. After 24 hours you need to change the apn back to the original settings (reset should sort this), then unique iPhone features will work.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another helpful reply - Thank you.

Before I call O2 - does anyone know if I am doing anything wrong by doing this, and will O2 agree to make the change or will they want to change the tariff?

The (broken) Samsung phone was hers - on an O2 tariff (that includes data), the iPhone is my old one (originally on an O2 tariff) now upgraded to an iPhone 5 (on an O2 tariff). I'm not sure I want to pay any more for her to use a 4 year-old phone! 

Message 12 of 24

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
It's free to change and no problem at all.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank You a lot ! It's working slight_smile
Message 14 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi  Beau....  tried every thing but no good.    but  !!!!!!!!  you  sorted it .  thanks very much.  deeamb

Message 15 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
I cannot activate my mobile data network on iPhone c ??
Message 16 of 24

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

It usually means your apn is wrong or data is turned off? - Try a network reset first and if not hold power and home button until the apple logo appears on screen.
That should sort it out, if not come back and e'll go through the apn's manually.

Link here if needed http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/o2-apn-settings#iPhone

Currently using:
Message 17 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Worked for me! thankyou slight_smile

Message 18 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you quick and simple fix glad to know you guys have your heads screwed on!
Message 19 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow I was getting frustrated this morning that my Internet wouldn't work and now my problem is solved! THANK YOU!! Bouncy

Message 20 of 24