cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chane of ownership

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I went in to carphone warehouse yesterday and agreed to get a contract for my friend on the conditions that carphone warehouse said that I could change ownership of the contract over to her name in two months? I just wanted to know if it will change the contract from my name in to hers?
Message 1 of 67
66 REPLIES 66

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

This link should tell you all you need to know about returning to CPW:

http://selfhelp.carphonewarehouse.com/SelfHelp/request.do?view()=c{11a18a50-bcb7-11de-e56d-000000000...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 51 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fortunately as you bought an o2 contract the yes you can. Please see the link below which is CPW's returns policy.

(not all networks offer this return policy so recommend you get it done quickly)

http://m.carphonewarehouse.com/mt/selfhelp.carphonewarehouse.com/SelfHelp/request.do?view()=c%7B11a1...
Message 52 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you i have looked and it's say 14 days for a O2 contract
Message 53 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable
So you know what to do. ........

It is 14 days from the day you took out the contract but don't delay, do it today
Message 54 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does cancelling a contract affect your credit rating? Anyone know?
Message 55 of 67

Cleoriff
  • 122376 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Not if you cancel it correctly and pay all outstanding fees...

If however you cancel under any other circumstances and walk away with monies still owing...then yes it will affect your credit rating....for up to 6 years

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 56 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I am cancelling the contract under the 14 days return policy on carphone warehouses site so all I should have to pay is the allowance charges she has already used isn't it? And do you think they will allow me to cancel the contract as now going to do it on Saturday? If you know it would be a great help
Message 57 of 67

Cleoriff
  • 122376 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Well I am cancelling the contract under the 14 days return policy on carphone warehouses site so all I should have to pay is the allowance charges she has already used isn't it? And do you think they will allow me to cancel the contract as now going to do it on Saturday? If you know it would be a great help

Yes as previously advised @Anonymous As long as you are within the 14 days cooling off period you will be fine

Only you will know if leaving it till next Saturday is within that 14 day period...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 58 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable
Alright just a bit worried they may turn around and tell me I can't cancel and and I only got it Friday 6th March so it should be fine hopefully
Message 59 of 67

Cleoriff
  • 122376 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Alright just a bit worried they may turn around and tell me I can't cancel and and I only got it Friday 6th March so it should be fine hopefully

There may be many reasons why you can't do it till next Saturday @Anonymous ...but if it was me I would get it cancelled as soon as possible...(having said all of that as long as you are still within 14 days all should be ok)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 60 of 67