cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chane of ownership

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I went in to carphone warehouse yesterday and agreed to get a contract for my friend on the conditions that carphone warehouse said that I could change ownership of the contract over to her name in two months? I just wanted to know if it will change the contract from my name in to hers?
Message 1 of 67
66 REPLIES 66

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

It may well be that your friend has a poor credit rating which is why she would be refused a contract. If that is the case then anyone helping her to get a contract phone is taking a risk. Any defaults would affect the credit rating of anyone 'helping to get this contract'. No friendship is worth that in my opinon

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 41 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Cleoriff how true is that? ???

And once a credit rating is hot not only does it stay there for 6 years but we have been told of people being refused mortgages as a result of defaults of less than £10.

Why would someone want to risk this? Especially if they are young and may want credit in the future.

GREAT ADVICE CLEORIFF
Message 42 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable
I will be charged for what she has used?
Message 43 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes.
Message 44 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you have a idea how much the charge would be?
Message 45 of 67

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I will be charged for what she has used?

I would make sure she pays for what she has used.....??

You can see all the charges via My O2...though they wont be up to date if she is still using the phone..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 46 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable
I will just get my crystal ball out....

Errm no. We are customers on here with no access to accounts. How would we know the number of calls, texts or data that has been used?

The fact there will be a cost for calls, texts and data should not come as a surprise as this was advised earlier in this thread
Message 47 of 67

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Your friend needs to pay for any charges but as we have said, you are the one responsible initially for payment. It's not a good position to be in as who knows what will happen over the course of a two year contract. The other thing your friend need to be aware of is that legally the phone is yours and at any stage you could in theory repossess it from her. That in itself should make your friend think twice about a contract in someone else's name....

Message 48 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think the enormity of what the OP has agreed to here has now hit home.

Hopefully others coming on here searching in future will think twice and not enter into agreements like this on behalf of others. Such a risk and could cost an unwitting person £thousands
Message 49 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm an cancelling the contract today with carphone warehouse I have been told that because the phone is on O2 that I have 14 days to return the phone by people on this site is this true that I can return the phone with out been charged? I am aware of the charge for the usage she has used on the phone?
Message 50 of 67