cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chane of ownership

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I went in to carphone warehouse yesterday and agreed to get a contract for my friend on the conditions that carphone warehouse said that I could change ownership of the contract over to her name in two months? I just wanted to know if it will change the contract from my name in to hers?
Message 1 of 67
66 REPLIES 66

Anonymous
Not applicable
Based only on what the op has stated, this would be a blatant case of miss selling.
Message 21 of 67

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I just think the whole thing is fraught with difficulty. Problem is people can say anything in order to get a sale. I doubt the OP will have any chance of changing the name on the contract and then they will be lumbered with a probable 24 month contract that they are liable for.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 67

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I just think the whole thing is fraught with difficulty. Problem is people can say anything in order to get a sale. I doubt the OP will have any chance of changing the name on the contract and then they will be lumbered with a probable 24 month contract that they are liable for.....

My thoughts too....

Message 23 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hence I think we all agree. Cancel it and get the friend to sign up for their own. CPW sound a bit naughty here. I would complain.
Message 24 of 67

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
100% not possible to do what CPW told you unfortunately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 25 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable
So they have mislead me they is no way of changing it at all? Thank you all for your help
Message 26 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable
As we have said. Recommend you return to store with phone and cancel then do a new contract in your friends name.

I would also complain to the store manager about potential miss selling
Message 27 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you can, let us know how you get on wink

Message 28 of 67

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

This unfortunately is your only choice unless you want to be responsible for payments on the account for 2 years. 

Message 29 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do any of you know if I can change it so the money comes out of her bank rather than mine but keep the contract in my name? Or is that not possible either?
Message 30 of 67