cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chane of ownership

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I went in to carphone warehouse yesterday and agreed to get a contract for my friend on the conditions that carphone warehouse said that I could change ownership of the contract over to her name in two months? I just wanted to know if it will change the contract from my name in to hers?
Message 1 of 67
66 REPLIES 66

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I am the one who got the contract out for my friend the only reason I did this is because her card got accepted the first time by vodaphone but the guy in the shop clicked on the wrong deal so had to put it through again then her card got declined so when they tried again on different networks it got declined they said she would have to wait for it to reset in 30 days so I offered to do it with my card because I was told you can change ownership of the contract to her name all I had to do was ring O2 costumer services I am now worried as a lot of people have said that you can't do that and if I were to cancel the contract would I be charged? And this is her first contract and I already have a contract out for myself with vodaphone and if I were to cancel what would happen because she has already opened and set the phone up?
Message 11 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi this is her first contract and i only iffered to do this because I was told you can change ownership all you had to do was ring O2 customer services and they only reason she couldn't get it was because they guy in the shop put it through the first time and her card got accepted but it was the wrong federal so they put it through again then it got declined?
Message 12 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wrong deal**
Message 13 of 67

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

If you return the phone you will only be charged for her usage, calls texts or data. It doesn't matter if the phone has been set up. Simply factory reset it and make sure it is all boxed up.

Message 14 of 67

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 15 of 67

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
But I don't want to to hbe to cancel the phone for her? Isn't there any way of getting change to her name?
Message 17 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable
??
Message 18 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable
So they is no way of getting this changed from my name to hers?
Message 19 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable
We don't think o2 allow this so your best option would be to cancel and start again.

Sounds to me like you may have been missold by CPW. I would certainly cancel and start again. Could probably even keep the same handset.

The alternative is that you leave things as they are witth the contract in your name but be aware you will be the one liable for all charges if your friend doesn't pay.
Message 20 of 67