cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

carrier update and now iphone not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I have an Iphone six and the phone just prompted myself, my wife and my daughter to update our carrier settings.

I did, as did my daughter and we noe both have "no service" instead of a signal.  My wife said "Not Now" and she has full 3G signal.

Me and my daughter are on version 19.1  My wife 19.0.

Can anyone help? 

thanks

Josh

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

This may just be bad timing as their is currently a major outage on the O2 network - with some phones working and some not - so maybe wait until this is resolved before thinking there is a problem with the phone.

My phone has no signal and another in the house on O2 is working perfectly.

Message 2 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
O2 went down earlier today so I would restart the phone now it appears to be back on again.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
O2 went down earlier today so I would restart the phone now it appears to be back on again.

I don't think it's fully back up yet - I still have no signal and tweets are still flooding in about it.

Message 4 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

I don't think it's fully back up yet - I still have no signal and tweets are still flooding in about it.

I think while the forum is still online...we will be getting similar messages for some time...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.  Both.  Added complication is we are all in France at the moment.  My phone has worked fine all day and now just off.  Done a head to head comparison of my wifes iphone and the only thing appears to be different is the carrier settings. 

I thought it may be my sim card so put it in my daughters iphone 6 and it asked to update the settings, and then boom hers went off.

As a teenager she is obviously "Thrilled with me"

Message 6 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks.  Both.  Added complication is we are all in France at the moment.  My phone has worked fine all day and now just off.  Done a head to head comparison of my wifes iphone and the only thing appears to be different is the carrier settings. 

I thought it may be my sim card so put it in my daughters iphone 6 and it asked to update the settings, and then boom hers went off.

As a teenager she is obviously "Thrilled with me"

At least she will know now this isnt your fault...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Also try resetting your network settings.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks :).   As far as she is concerned my sim "Killed her phone" and "Her life" as facebook is not available.   My son's iphone 5c has just asked him whether he wants the new carrier settings.  he has said no and he is on version 19.0 and all fine on his phone.

Does this O2 outage in the UK cause account issues if you are on a certain carrier version?

Josh

Message 9 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Just tried resetting network settings.  No joy.

Josh

Message 10 of 19