cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone know how to use MiFi / similar for iPad?

Anonymous
Not applicable

*apologies* technophobe posting...

this is on behalf of my newly tetraplegic Mum, who can now only use one hand

she lacks fine motor skills so unable to use anything like a phone and would probably not manage typing either

but I think she will be able to skype as she can accurately touch icons on an iPad screen

she's trapped in hospital for probably next few months and there's no WiFi

someone has offered me an old iPad for £50

just want to get her online, but without a contract, since she already has broadband installed at her house

many thanks !!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have bookmarked your post @Anonymous for reference .. Thanks! .. & kudo'd you ..... mobile WiFi hotspot sounds OK ... I'd been thinking of Micro Fidelity 

Do stick around on the forum slight_smile

Have a good week 

Cat

Message 11 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
I would completely agree that WiFi is the way to to go it's available as a mifi device would consume too much data and cost you a fortune. That, coupled with the need to turn on and off and connect etc just sounds like too much to deal with in this application.
Best of luck going forward.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 13

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous I mentioned about the hospital probably having Wifi as most do nowadays. (I used to work in nursing) The five hospitals in my area that I have links with, all have it ...though as I say it's password protected and available to inpatients on request. Some of the hospitals may charge a small fee for use of Wifi...

The very best of luck with your Mum and I hope the rehab unit helps with her recovery. They generally are excellent...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 13