cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account name change

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had my contract under my mums name as I was underage when we first got it. Now I want to change from her name to mine - how is this possible?
Message 1 of 39
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You need to start your own account then your mum would have to close the current account and transfer the number across. It is not possible to change an account name anymore.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

You need to be able to pass a credit check.

Both of you be on the phone to O2 and ask.

If they say no you'll have to open your own contract and ask for that number to be passed to you.

Or if the number is not important to keep then just open up your own contract.
Message 2 of 39

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You need to start your own account then your mum would have to close the current account and transfer the number across. It is not possible to change an account name anymore.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you link to that official info please MI5 so I can bookmark it.
Message 4 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks guys but I have just upgraded today online, so is there no possibility it can be changed now for another 2 years? And I have to cancel it in two years and get a new contract right? How stupid
Message 5 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
You have 7 days cooling off period.
Message 6 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
What does that mean please?
Message 7 of 39

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks guys but I have just upgraded today online, so is there no possibility it can be changed now for another 2 years? And I have to cancel it in two years and get a new contract right? How stupid

That is the way it is now I'm afraid.

I guess some people were using it to their advantage somehow so O2 stopped it.

You always used to be able to do it though but we've had recent threads on here where it was prevented, sorry.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can cancel the contract within 7 days without penalty
Message 9 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
Makes sense. Needs to be clear on website for account change instead of waiting on the phone and them saying this - in a rude manner as well
Message 10 of 39