Did you mean: 

'You Missed a Call From Me' messages from O2

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

This is seriously starting to get on my nerves...!!!!  Smiley Mad

Every week (And I do mean EVERY week..!), at least once a week, I get these stupid 'You Missed a Call From Me' free texts from O2.

You Missed a Call From Me

WHY....?!?!?!?!?  My phone sits in front of my eyes on my desk, where I work, it does not ring, I have no diverts on and have full bars of service and yet I get this message to say 'You missed a call from me'...!??!!?  How can I miss a call when the phone didn't even ring in the first place...?!

Dialling back the number just gets an automated response which says, '.......the number you have dialled is incorrect, please try again'.  This makes NO sense...??Weird

There are no messages in my voicemails to suggest I have 'missed a call' so why am I getting these EVERY WEEK...???

I have tried turning my voicemails off and on to see if it makes a difference but it doesn't. 

Is there any way I can turn these texts off with O2? If I have a missed call, my iPhone 5 will show me (via the Phone app in Notification Center) - I do NOT want to receive a 'free text' telling me as well (seeing that the texts are nearly always wrong)......!!

Message 1 of 31
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I wonder if it's a scam from a marketing company in Nigeria to get you to call them back......?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 26 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Try dialling ##002#. This is the short code to cancel all diverts, including Voicemail 901.

You then will need to dial 1750 to switch voice mail back on.

If you're an O2 Call Alert user and you want to replace the service with Voicemail 901, call 1710 for free from your mobile. Then you just call the same number to switch back again. It's that easy. (Please note: you can only have one service or the other.)

And or Speak to Cs and they will edit your preferences on your account.

202 contract.
4445 Payg
Message 2 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can turn them off by dialing Dial 1760.

There is also a setting within your voicemail mailbox settings, but the first option normally works.
Message 3 of 31

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hey DinoF.

Take the advice above and see how you get on. If the messages persists after that, send me a private message
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 4 of 31

DinoF
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Try dialling ##002#. This is the short code to cancel all diverts, including Voicemail 901.

You then will need to dial 1750 to switch voice mail back on.

If you're an O2 Call Alert user and you want to replace the service with Voicemail 901, call 1710 for free from your mobile. Then you just call the same number to switch back again. It's that easy. (Please note: you can only have one service or the other.)

And or Speak to Cs and they will edit your preferences on your account.

202 contract.
4445 Payg

.Ok, have now dialled the ##002# and got a message on screen saying all diverts were now off. Have also turned Voicemails back on via 1750 so will have to now monitor to see if I get any more of these texts - if so, will post details here.

Message 5 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Hopefully that will resolve the issue.

If not then please Private Message Toby ,and he as site staff can help.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/60444

Good luck.
Message 6 of 31

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

That number on google looks like a scam number you can always add it to the iphone block list

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 7 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Perhaps @Toby could clarify if it is an O2 number or not.

Call blocking is a good workaround as long as the op is on iOS 7

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5845
Message 8 of 31

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

the 0207 number has been used for virgin media scams etc in the past in the op

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 9 of 31

DinoF
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@adamtemp64 wrote:

That number on google looks like a scam number you can always add it to the iphone block list

.Yep - have added it the blocked list on my iPhone 5.

But if its a scam number which I may have blocked before (because I have had this issue before but can;t remember if its the same number this time around), is that why I am getting the 'You missed a call from me' text from O2? 

I still don't get why I am receiving the text when the phone doesn't even ring? Smiley Frustrated

EDIT : Seems like it is a Virgin scam of some kind:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Internet-Security/Warning-quot-Loyal-Virgin-Media-Customer-quot-...

also here:

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/02070594000/5

Message 10 of 31