cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

On sign up via telephone i asked for my iphone 6 plus to be on the 24month refresh contract with unlimited texts & mintues and 20gb data

The problem is i have been put on a 24 month standard contract.

now o2 wants me to send my phone back, cancel my contract, go through another credit check which could decline, pay another deposit, wait a week for the phone to arrive, port my number again, etc etc

Why should i have to go through all that ? the phone is the same the only difference is the contract. i should be able to just go into store, cancel my contract sign a new one and job done.

what a great start o2.

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

i cant upgrade until 1 month before my contract ends, so aug 2016

there is no price to upgrade now and there is no device plan, as i have said it is a standard plan, i am not stupid.

Message 21 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 Unlimited 24M 20GB 4G

Message 22 of 27

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
No one said you were, we're just exploring every option that leads us to the conclusion that somehow O2 have put you on a tariff that they don't deal in. This kind of tariff is reserved for 3rd parties such as cartoons warehouse and others, some of whom call you and present to be O2, or put adverts in media stating contact us now for your O2 connection.
You now need to keep pushing O2 to connect you to the correct tariff as described and sold.
Message 23 of 27

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

i cant upgrade until 1 month before my contract ends, so aug 2016

No one can (even on refresh) unless they pay off their device.

I'm just wondering if My O2 doesn't update immediately.......?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 24 of 27

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Device plan would be there tho
Message 25 of 27

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

The only way to sort this out now is to go by the advice from customer service. Whether you feel this is right or wrong, they have told you that you need to send the phone back and take out another contract. The rest is down to you I'm afraid, I'm not sure we can advise anything else.

Message 26 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok strange dont know what happened with my username asked me to add it again.

There is no device plan anywhere on o2

The next bill is not split, unlike my wifes.

Message 27 of 27