Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi issues (Again)

Bez89
Level 3: Thinker
  • 66 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I upgraded to the iPhone 6 on Saturday, and I'm having issues with wifi. It will be fine, the suddenly disappear, and won't connect or find any wifi sources unless I turn the phone off then on again. I've tried the hard reset and everything, and it's still doing it. I'm concerned because I had a very similar issue, when I got my iPhone 5. That wouldn't find any wifi, and it turned out it was an issue with the receiver on the phone, and I had to get it replaced. This is very similar, as when mine losses wifi, my missus's is fine, also mine doesn't find all networks that hers does. I'll be really annoyed if the same thing has happened twice.
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you in iOS 8.0.2

If not upgrade as this has bug fixes.

And or try

Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings.
Message 2 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

I see you've already tried a reset so if you are still having problems book an appointment in an Apple store to have the phone checked out.

http://concierge.apple.com/reservation/gb/en/techsupport/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mine was doing the same yesterday and I updated to IOS 8.0.2, in the end I had to do the hard reset, and it was ok till after I finished work and got home, it was doing it again after I put wifi on, so I had to switch the the plug for the Internet off and switch it back on, upto now it working for now till the next time it happens.
Message 4 of 19

Bez89
  • 66 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Cheers guys, I've upgraded, and done just about everything else I can think of. Just been on O2 live chat, and they told be to visit the store, and get the handset replaced.
Message 5 of 19

MI5
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
If you have a local Apple store you will get a better service - walk in / walk out with new phone if found faulty......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 19

Bez89
  • 66 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Not so sure now though MI5, just googled iPhone 6 wifi issues, and seems quite a few people having similar issues. One guy got a replacement handset and it was still happening, all had updated to the new iOS, so could be a problem with Apple still. Confused.com. 😣
Message 7 of 19

MI5
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Sounds like it could be, unfortunately 😞

Currently using:
Message 8 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Lots of users had issues when upgrading from ios 8.0 to ios 8.0.1 especially on the iPhone 6 and 6+

As your still having issues on iOS 8.0.2 then you can either wait till the next patch ios or have a diagnostic run on it at a local Apple Store and most likely replaced if a fault shows or if under 14 days old from O2 they should swap it out for you ~ if they have any in stock.

This may help http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-fix-ios-8-wifi-issues-on-iphone-and-ipad/
Message 9 of 19

Bez89
  • 66 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Cheers bandofbrothers, yea still having issues since 8.0.2, and quite a few are by the sounds of things. I've booked a genius appointment for Monday, if I don't get anywhere with that, I'll go to O2 and get it replaced. I know I've been a pain these last few days, with all my questions, thanks again to you all for your help. Some crap luck me, sure it's because I'm a Ginge. 😜
Message 10 of 19