Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi issues (Again)

Bez89
Level 3: Thinker
  • 66 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I upgraded to the iPhone 6 on Saturday, and I'm having issues with wifi. It will be fine, the suddenly disappear, and won't connect or find any wifi sources unless I turn the phone off then on again. I've tried the hard reset and everything, and it's still doing it. I'm concerned because I had a very similar issue, when I got my iPhone 5. That wouldn't find any wifi, and it turned out it was an issue with the receiver on the phone, and I had to get it replaced. This is very similar, as when mine losses wifi, my missus's is fine, also mine doesn't find all networks that hers does. I'll be really annoyed if the same thing has happened twice.
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Not at all. We come here to help and assist so don't worry.

If the Genius finds the iPhone at fault they'll swap it out for you.

Would you let us know how you get on with this.
Message 11 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Hope they can sort it for you slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 19

Bez89
  • 66 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Cheers bandofbrothers and MI5, and will do. It is scary the amount of people having the exact same issue as me though, wifi dropping out, then finding nothing. Just the circle going round unless reset. Have a look on google, I definitely think it's an issue with Apple now.
Message 13 of 19

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Hopefully they will recognise it as their issue and patch it quickly - I heard today that 8.1 could be out soon !!!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is on iphonehacks as a possible interim fix.

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2014/09/fix-ios-8-wifi-problems.html
Message 15 of 19

Bez89
  • 66 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hi all, just a quick update. Been to the Apple Store today, and the guy said there was definitely an issue with wifi on the phone. He couldn't be certain if it was in issue with the new iOS or not though, so they replaced the handset. My old one didn't pick up anything in the store, he did say a few people had been in with the same issue, and he too thought an update would be imminent. Phones been a lot better so far, here's hoping it continues. 😜
Message 16 of 19

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 17 of 19

Bez89
  • 66 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Totally agree jonsie. 😀
Message 18 of 19

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Shame they have to though 😞

Currently using:
Message 19 of 19