cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I stand? Iphone 4 1 year into contract. Stopped working

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! I'm wondering if anyone can help me? I've had my iPhone 4 for a year now and I'm just about to pay Aprils bill so I will have 11 months left to pay. My iPhone has now stopped working, I do not recieve calls and txts and 99% of the time I have no service. I have phoned o2 and haven't recieved any useful advice. I have wiped the phone completely and restored everything from iCloud and it made no difference!

I refuse to pay for a phone I cannot use. Can someone help me? I'm paying £27.72 a month and it's not worth it when I can't use the phone! (Sorry for the rant.)

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and welcome to the Community

Adam is quite right re SOGA. However under EU legislation goods have to be fit for purpose and for many electrical items up to 6 years is considered reasonable.

I am not sure of the exact time lengths for mobiles but most retailers try through ignorance to not want to action it.

Stand your ground and ask O2 as your retailer to let o2 Repairs have a look. Then you should be able to ascertain the reasons for the faults and whether they are caused by the customer or not (I.e. Water damage etc)
Message 11 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
One body I've used in the past before is Citizens Advice for official legal minded help.

I find Apple to be in most cases accommodating.
Message 12 of 14

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
@Anonymous look at my thread and links eu 2 years equivalent of our soga but our soga is 6 years so our soga is better protection than the eu requirement.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 13 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Adam

Either way though this should give the OP some confidence of a satisfactory resolution.
Message 14 of 14