cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird diverting to voicemail issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have dialed 175002 to switch voicemail on (1750 doesn't work for me I just get a beep and the call disconnects).

Now when I have switched voicemail on, the call will divert to voicemail after approximately 10 rings. Also, when I'm engaged on another call the incoming call diverts to voicemail then too which is fine.

The issue I am having is. When my phone is switched off, or I have no service, the call does not divert to voicemail. Instead the recorded anouchment that 'it is not possible to connect this call' is heard.

I was wondering if anyone else has this issue. Most important for me is that my calls go to voicemail when my phone is off or I have no coverage.

Just wondering if anyone could suggest anything to sort it?
Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to update:

Been on the phone to CS via 202 and got the issue sorted out Cheers

The issue I was having was caused by the Tu Go app that I once had installed (which I'd previously removed). The advisor was unable to remove the Tu Go service, so she said I needed to reinstall the app, sign in with the password I'd previously used, telephone number.

Once installed I needed to go to Settings (in the Tu Go app) and chose remove account (or words to that affect).  

After this, she asked me for an alternative landline number to call me on, as she wanted to see if my iPhone went to voicemail when it was switched off.

After removing the Tu Go account, calls are now going through to voicemail when the iPhone is switched off/out of service.

After removing the Tu Go account and before she asked me to turn my iPhone off to leave a voicemail, the advisor asked me to dial 1750 (to switch voicemail on) weird thing is, before removing the Tu Go account, 1750 did not work for me, it just resulted in 3 beeps and the call disconnected. I had to instead dial 175002, very strange.

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144143 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Not sure if iOS is the same as Android but look in call app settings and see if you have have the option to set diverts for different scenario's, ie, when busy, when unreachable etc....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 15

MI5
  • 144143 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

Screenshot_2014-09-24-13-39-40.png

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks MI5.

There isn't a section on iOS for that.
Message 4 of 15

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Don't know if they'll work but here's the GSM short codes for diversions

Call divert

all calls all times

** 21 * phone number where calls are to be forwarded #

Call divert

all calls all times cancel

dial #21#

Call divert

all calls all times status

*#21#

Call divert

ALL DIVERTS cancelled

# # 002 # 

Call divert

ALL DIVERTS reactivate

*#002#

Call divert

no reply

** 61 * phone number where calls are to be forwarded #

Call divert

no reply cancel

#61#

Call divert

no reply status

*#61#

Call divert

not reachable

** 62 * phone number where calls are to be forwarded #

Call divert

not reachable cancel

#62#

Call divert

not reachable status

*#62#

Call divert

when busy

** 67 * phone number where calls are to be forwarded # 

Call divert

when busy cancel

#67#

Call divert

when busy status

*#67#

Copied from giffgaff forum post so may be different but some are common with landline diverts 

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aldaweb wrote:

Don't know if they'll work but here's the GSM short codes for diversions

Call divert

all calls all times

** 21 * phone number where calls are to be forwarded #

Call divert

all calls all times cancel

dial #21#

Call divert

all calls all times status

*#21#

Call divert

ALL DIVERTS cancelled

# # 002 # 

Call divert

ALL DIVERTS reactivate

*#002#

Call divert

no reply

** 61 * phone number where calls are to be forwarded #

Call divert

no reply cancel

#61#

Call divert

no reply status

*#61#

Call divert

not reachable

** 62 * phone number where calls are to be forwarded #

Call divert

not reachable cancel

#62#

Call divert

not reachable status

*#62#

Call divert

when busy

** 67 * phone number where calls are to be forwarded # 

Call divert

when busy cancel

#67#

Call divert

when busy status

*#67#

Copied from giffgaff forum post so may be different but some are common with landline diverts 

Thanks very much for these codes.

I will turn voicemail on again tomorrow and try them out and see if I can sort my problem with them.

Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately I am still having the same issue that I mentioned in my first post, despite trying the codes mentioned.

Weird thing is. If I switch on Call Forwarding (which is found in Settings/Phone. Then calls go to voicemail when the phone is switched off, engaged.

But, when the phone is on, the phone does not ring, instead the call goes straight to voicemail.

Message 7 of 15

MI5
  • 144143 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
That's all messed up.
I'd get CS to completely reset my voicemail account as a starting point.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
That's all messed up.
I'd get CS to completely reset my voicemail account as a starting point.

Yeah I think thats a good idea. I think when I had the VVM issue, the Guru? advisor mentioned:

'That it looked like VVM or VM wasnt provisioned on my account, so he done something and called me back on another telephone number while he tried leaving a VM. After this the VM came through on VVM'

I'm almost certain that he asked me to either switch my iPhone off or put into Airplane mode before he called me back to do the test for if to see if he could leave a voicemail, so it was working at that point.

The only thing I did do after that was to extend the amount of seconds/rings before going to voicemail, by doing the following:

**61*+11234567890*11*XX# and hit Send where 11234567890 is the number that I found by dialing #61# and XX is the amount of seconds I used (I chose 30 seconds).

Anyhow, switching the voicemail off (by dialing 176002) would have removed anything that I could of messed up I would expect.

I'll switch off my voicemail now, and leave it off until I call CS up tomorrow, or would you think it best to switch it on before calling CS?

Message 9 of 15

MI5
  • 144143 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
It won't make any difference to them resetting VM if it's on or off tbh...
Rather than finding this number "+11234567890" you can just replace it with 901 which is obviously the O2 mailbox number.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 15