cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual voicemail keeps going off, and phone forwarding icon keeps appearing

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I am on a monthly pay 4G package with O2 with my iphone 5S.

EVery two or three days, visual voicemail switches off saying there is an error with visual voicemail. When this happens, voicemails are left for me, but the caller does not hear my personalised OGM and I have to call in to listen to voicemails - and I get no notification of new voicemails. If I power down my iphone and switch it back on, visual voicemail is restored. But then a day or two later, it all happens again 

Another thing I have noticed, is that when I switch my iphone back on after having powered it down, the call forward icon appears on the phone, even though I have not set call forwarding. To celar this I go into settings - phone - call forwarding. this shows that call forwardins is indeed off, and as soon as i reach that screen in settings, the call forwarding icon goes away - and so does my 4G connection. I then have 3G connection for a while and then magically 4G returns after several minutes.

Thsi is all comepletely repeatable - happens every time

Yesterday I noticed that exactly the same things are happening on my wife's iphone 5 - and she is on an EE package

What is going on? 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I used to get the call forwarding icon on my iPhone 4s long before 4g the advice in that thread should help
Message 11 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks adamtemp64

That worked and seems to have cured the call forwarding icon appearing when it shodul not

Thank you. The key thing to do in those instructions is to swith on call forwarding temporarily, and put 901 in as the number to forward calls too (this box was empty on my phone) and then switch OFF call forwarding again. That cured it

I do not know if this will have any impact on the problem with the visual voicemail - I will have to wait and see if that problem re-occurs 

Message 12 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good luck
Message 13 of 16

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

do the same on the ee phone using whatever is the ee voicemail number

Glad to point you in the right direction

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 14 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@adamtemp64 wrote:

do the same on the ee phone using whatever is the ee voicemail number

123 wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 16

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@MI5 thanks for that

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 16 of 16