cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Voicemail setup

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I got an iphone 5 last week, ported my number over from T mobile.  Everything is working fine including the Internet, except visual voicemail.  Been trying to set this up all week.

I follow the set up instructions, it asks for a pin twice, then asks me to choose a greeting, click next, it says its saving the password.  It then falls over with an error tittled 'Voicemail Unavailable'  and the error is 'Could not authorise access'

I have dialed 901 and set up a pin this way, I then tried setup again but it still failed.  I have also dialed 1750 to turn voice mail on but its still stuck.

One thing, when I got the phone o2 sent me a message with Internet settings to use in the event that the internet was not working,  As my internet is working I have not used these.

Thanks for any help,

Ste

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

Good evening Stethorn.

You could try resetting your network settings.

Just head into settings, general, reset network settings (this refreshes your internet, mms, visual voicemail and wifi settings).

Your phone will switch off then back on again, retest and hopefully this will get you up and running.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

Good evening Stethorn.

You could try resetting your network settings.

Just head into settings, general, reset network settings (this refreshes your internet, mms, visual voicemail and wifi settings).

Your phone will switch off then back on again, retest and hopefully this will get you up and running.

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the exact same problem. I've activated, de-activated and re-activated voicemail via 1760/1750, reset network settings, reset my phone numerous time, turned wi-fi off and on - and still no luck.  Can anyone help?

Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm having the exact same problem. I've activated, de-activated and re-activated voicemail via 1760/1750, reset network settings, reset my phone numerous time, turned wi-fi off and on - and still no luck.  Can anyone help?

Are you actually on iData tariff and is iData set as your apn?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Troubles with Visual Voice mail not saving passcode try (source the forums)
Call 1760 to de-activate your voicemail
Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings (No need to reset all settings).
This will Then re-start the phone.
Text "STATE" to 9011 (I don't know why or what this does?)
Call 1750 to re-activate your voicemail

from my useful links thread

Try the bit about state to 9011.

Failing that as vvm is only on pay monthly give 202 a call ask them to deprovision voice mail and reprovsion it

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know how it happened, but I tried to set up visual voicemail for the 50th time today...and it worked.  I didn't even get a chance to try the whole reset process including 'STATE'.  I can't think of anything that I've done to the phone in the last week, I haven't even turned it off.  Wildly unhelpful but VV now works, so yay!  Thanks everyone for the advice.

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Glad you got it sorted slight_smile
Message 7 of 7