cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Voicemail disappeared after switching iPhone 5 off for a few hours...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey all,

As the title says my visual voicemail has disappeared after me turning off my iPhone 5 for roughly 7-8 hours overnight.

I went to the O2 store and the guy said O2 scrapped visual voicemail and that he couldn't do anything, however I don't feel to confident in his knowledge because thats the first i've heard of it and because I feel like he was lying because my friend has the same iPhone and contract and he still has visual voicemail.

Any solutions for how to get it up and running again?

Annoyingly it keeps saying I have a voicemail but when I click the icon it automatically calls v/mail and there is no message..frustrating to say the least.

One thing I haven't done recently is get the latest iPhone update has this got something to do with it?

Any help would be hugely appreciated 🙂

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I went to the O2 store and the guy said O2 scrapped visual voicemail and that he couldn't do anything, however I don't feel to confident in his knowledge because thats the first i've heard of it and because I feel like he was lying because my friend has the same iPhone and contract and he still has visual voicemail.

Annoyingly it keeps saying I have a voicemail but when I click the icon it automatically calls v/mail and there is no message..frustrating to say the least.

One thing I haven't done recently is get the latest iPhone update has this got something to do with it?

@Anonymous wrote:

The guy in the O2 store is talking rubbish. I have an iPhone 5 and I still have Visual Voicemail.

I assume you checked your APN settings and they were what was mentioned earlier?

A couple of things to try:

1: Do a hard reset (nothing will be erased from your iPhone). Hold down the Home button and the sleep/wake button both together. The iPhone will switch off but still keep holding both buttons. Once the white Apple logo appears release both buttons. Then check to see if Visual Voicemail is working.

2: Go into Settings/General, scroll down to the bottom and touch reset. Next choose from the list, RESET NETWORK SETTINGS. Then check VVM is working

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I have just tried it and my vvm is working.(4S)

What tariff

What resets have you tried ?

Ios updates should have no effect on vvm.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
You might also want to check your vvm APN settings should be -idata.o2.co.uk
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
OP did you get this resolved ??
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The guy in the O2 store is talking rubbish. I have an iPhone 5 and I still have Visual Voicemail.

I assume you checked your APN settings and they were what was mentioned earlier?

A couple of things to try:

1: Do a hard reset (nothing will be erased from your iPhone). Hold down the Home button and the sleep/wake button both together. The iPhone will switch off but still keep holding both buttons. Once the white Apple logo appears release both buttons. Then check to see if Visual Voicemail is working.

2: Go into Settings/General, scroll down to the bottom and touch reset. Next choose from the list, RESET NETWORK SETTINGS. Then check VVM is working

Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

You!!!

YOU WONDERFUL HUMAN BEING MWAHAHAHAH IT NOW WORKS THANK YOU!!

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings solved the problem for me too, thanks!

Be warned you will need to re-enter your wifi passwords again after the reset.
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Neither of these fixes has worked for me. My phone did exactly the same! Icon disapeared after switching off over night. Tried hard boot and resetting network!

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Brilliant, thanks! Hard reset worked for me.
Message 9 of 10

MaryC17
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Amazing. This worked for me. Thank you so much. It was so frustrating to have to call voicemail rather than vvm. So so pleased. Thank you. 

Message 10 of 10